Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim A

Win 25k in Reno @ NARCh WN

I still do not understand why Narch and Tohrs has their WN's on competing dates.....Now maybe the Werewolves will look to go Pro instead of mens platinum....

stuff was going to conflict with NARCh now getting 200+ teams and running over a 10 day period, with 2 days dark, but I don't think Tony has ever picked up the phone to find out when other people were considering things...other groups do...I've seen Patty talking to the NARCh guys during WN's in Vegas, the State Wars guys called everyone prior to doing their schedule and NARCh when it was the new guy on the block, worked to avoid conflicts with others...

I think Tony counts on getting the local NE teams who don't play NARCh Pro anyway, ie. Assault, Scorpions type of teams and since RR is a sponsor they will be there..Mudcats will be interesting ...wonder if they will send the 'Cats to TORHS and Beemers to Reno in hope of sweeping..but I don't know if the Mudcats can beat Rink Rat ...

Talking with the Werewolves yesterday, they are definitely planning to go to Reno...but I am not sure in what division yet. They have a strong team relatively speaking (XIHL) that is...probably stronger than the previous incarnation of the old "Cyberweld Wolves", but maybe not quite Narch/Tohrs Pro yet. They will certainly have a better idea of where they stand after they play the "Buffalo Wings" who are joining the XIHL as a team for the balance of the "demonstration" season. Just not sure how long they can wait before they "declare".

It'd probably be better for the wolves to go mens platinum, but I doubt the experience playing pro would hurt them.

so a team that is stronger than the incarnation which was the #1 seed, and Bronze Medalist in '04 in Sr. Platinum...

thing is ..if they play PRO..they will get a tough schedule..well everyone plays someone strong..but its like in '02 when RinkRat made its first trip..there were 5 established NP teams..and they played 3 of them...they didn't have a history or pedigree...of course..if they steal a game against one of the bigger teams..they could advance to the playoffs..as there is usually one game against a similar skilled team..WN is always more of a crapshoot..last year the Snipers lost in the PRO final at WN and did nothing in Cincy...