Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MarsB

Best skatefitter in Pittsburgh?

Out of the area shops (the ones that I know of are KoSports, both Pure Hockey locations, Perani's), who have you had the best experience with? I bought inlines at KoSports- they were fine, but I'd really like to take the time and get a good fit replacing my ice skates. Recommendations?

House O' Hockey in Murrysville. They'll put you in the right boot , punch out any hot spots , bake 'em and sharpen. I usually shop around , but if its skates... for me or my kids , its Houe O' Hockey.

I did not have a good experience at Perani's. They didn't correctly sharpen my skates and didn't put them in the oven for long enough which resulted in me having to take them to pure hockey and have them re-baked

I really like Ko as a shop in general, but I had a bad fitting there once (youngish college kid telling me that rbks and ccms were the exact same skate). I've also had three really good fittings (2 for me, 1 for my brother) and the kid who did the poor job doesn't work there. I always reccomend them.

I was in Peranis once and the guy working was letting his visiting friend sharpen skates that people had left. I havent been there in a while, but when I do go there,unless the manager is working, I feel like I'm really bothering he employees and they'd much rather be texting.

KO has always been a great experience for me. I can't comment on Total, but I will probably get my RBZs there. I also agree with the sentiments on Perani's, just not well run.

Out of the area shops (the ones that I know of are KoSports, both Pure Hockey locations, Perani's), who have you had the best experience with? I bought inlines at KoSports- they were fine, but I'd really like to take the time and get a good fit replacing my ice skates. Recommendations?

I may be able to help you out. I'll be at (I think) the Robinson Total location from 4/15-4/23.