Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeyguy1

ICE HOCKEY IN THE DALLAS AREA?

Hey Guys,

I am going to be moving to Dallas(specifically lakewood area) from San Diego, Ca in early April. Wanted to know if anyone knows of ice rinks where they have pick-up hockey, stick time and adult leagues. Definitely don't want to stop playing and I would think there has to be hockey players out there obviously. So any advice on where the rinks are at would be great. Thanks!!

There are plenty of rinks in the surrounding suburbs, most notably are the Dr. Pepper Star Center rinks.

I play in a league in Farmers Branch but I know there's a rink in Richardson which might be closer. There's always pickup or skate n shoot at all the rinks but the turnout is usually 2-3 people so not that great unless you're breaking in some new equipment or just want a sheet of ice to yourself.

If you can make it to the Plano location on Fridays (Day Time), former NHL'er Brent Severyn holds a 2 hour adult skate where there's 35-40 mins of drills and then organized scrimmage for the duration (timed shifts, matches up skill levels so you're always playing with/against people of the same level). Provides goalies, water, and jerseys and it's always a strong turnout. Very good concept, costs 15 bucks a session.

http://stars.nhl.com/club/microhome.htm?location=/Dr-Pepper-StarCenter