Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Souldriver

bones swiss vs super reds vs mission swiss le

Has anyone compared these? Right now I have bones regular swiss bearing but they're getting old. Very good bearing and keeps going very long without cleaning on sport court but they do have their price.

Are the less expensive super reds any good? How about the mission swiss brand?

I have the Bones Swiss and mission swiss. Bones Swiss win in every category by a long run. The spin quieter, longer, smoother, and faster than the Mission swiss le, and hi-lo le bearings that have come on my skates in the past.

I havnt tried the super reds but you cannot go wrong at all with the Bones swiss. Best bearing in my opinion unless you want to spend like $200 on ceramics.

i have used both in a skateboard. I know this is completely different then some inline hockey. I can tell you the super reds did great in the street and held up pretty well. Not as well as the bones swiss. You may notice a difference the super reds wont spin as smooth as the swiss, but if you're trying to save a few bucks the super reds are not a bad choice.

Good thoughts. I ran my swiss super 6 (don't know if it was a gimmick or not but I liked them) to about the end of their life. I never cleaned them right but that's my fault but I still got years out of them. If they are too far gone for a cleaning to fix I'll try the super reds. The labyrinths do look nice for a fuss free experience but for an extra shield I don't see the fuss. Plus that side is inside a wheel.

I hope the super reds give me that "i can't skate bc I'm slipping too much feel" of a new bones swiss. That was terrifyingly perfect.

For the speed a skate wheel rotates I think that a ABEC of 5 or 7 is good enough. I think that cleaning/lubricating them more often would increase performance more than an increase of ABEC number would. Spin test/Sound can be affected by lubricant. I think that the price is effected by where the bearing is made and what the bearing is made out of.ie. Steel, Stainless Steel or Ceramic.

Anyway I like the Mission Bearings. When they gunk up I clean/lubricate them. BTW Mission says their bearings are made from Chromed Steel. I believe that Stainless Steel holds it's shape/roundness longer than the steel bearing.

Chromed steel is just a very highly polished steel. The more polish, the less friction, the better the spin.

I'm going to say ok for most situations a 7 or 9 imabec bearing is ok. But once you go swiss it's very hard to go back. There is almost no comparison in most cases

I am starting to realize I am wrong about the 5 ABEC rated Mission Hi Lo bearings. Mine seem to be developing a side to side wobble; Pay Day I’m going to order the ABEC 7’s and try them out. I may even go for the ABEC 9’s I don’t know yet.

I am starting to realize I am wrong about the 5 ABEC rated Mission Hi Lo bearings. Mine seem to be developing a side to side wobble; Pay Day I’m going to order the ABEC 7’s and try them out. I may even go for the ABEC 9’s I don’t know yet.

I dont mean to be so shamelss in promoting my own sale but im selling some brand new mission swiss bearings that came on my ac2.

I also have bones super swiss 6 bearings fro sale too for a little more. both are a full 16 set for roller, theyre a little more than an abec 9 will be for the slight increase in price you may never look at abecs again. never had a side to side wobble, or any type of break with them.

but if you do want to stay with an abec bearing then go straight to the 9s.

My last pair of skates had the 688 mini 7 ABEC rated bearings. I notice a difference between them and the ABEC 5 bearings I have now. Pay Day I am going to try the Mission Swiss. BTW I had these old pair of Mission RPM skates for a long time but I played ice instead of using them. I just really started playing Inline Hockey last year. I guess I drank the advertising Kool Aid about bearings. This forum set me straight.

Swiss bearing IMHO are a huge step above avec rated ones if you don't mind putting in the extra dime and the bones last forver unless you're abusing them.

My first set only needed a cleaning after about 3 years of use with year round playing. And even when they were real dirty they spun better than most abec bearings.

I woukdnt get the ceramics unless I was highly competitive speed skating though. Those are a bit of a marketing ploy.

Yes he gets a lot of tech specs right and sets things straight on a couple of things.

Though there are some things I don't agree with.

His stance on ceramic bearings is from a strict skateskateboarders perspective. With all the jumping and hard landings they do it doesn't suit Thatcher and can crack more easily than steel. They are really made for speed skaters because the ceramic is harder than steel it keeps the races polished as they move so you get the most out of them for longer. Theyre unneccessary for hockey.

I also don't know if swiss bearings all need to be swiss made. I can see where the bones say they're made if you want but this is also a tad bit to do with the vast companies making skateboard specific stuff. Half of the bearings I saw there are from clothing companies. It is safe to say they're bearings most likely won't be up to spec.

I choose bones because I know they're a proven commodity and the only other type I migh consider is the missions bc I rolled them side by side and they were comparable but the bones won out.

Well I must admit you make some very good points. Also I admit that you schooled me well. You saved me money and a lot of wondering about bearings. Thank You.

Youre welcome. Thats what these forums are for to give guys the info they need before they go out and drop the money. Hockey is an expensive sport but it doesnt need to be if you spend money wisely.