Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Souldriver

Warrior Widow

5' 7" off skates. 250lbs. mostly playing roller now at days. coming off of an apx

stick details: RH Zetterberg non grip 85 flex cut down about 8" from their original 63" flex is feels right around 100.

Blade:

Great feel! coming off of the apx especially with playing with a lighter roller puck this sticks feel is soooo good! I thought i had good feeling before but with this i know where the puck is on the blade. its pretty stiff and with the curve i was able to put the puck where i needed it. half point off for have the matter coat on the blade though. tape has a hard time sticking to it so i hit it quick with a light coat of the krylon non skid spray and now its perfect. 9.5/10

Shaft/Flex:
Flex feel compared to the 87 APX cut to the same length felt whippy. I then read on the MSH forums that warrior made it so it loaded easier. I thought as a big guy i wouldnt like this after a quick skate i loved it! real low kick and it let me take shots with less effort than the apx. the apx wanted someone to really rip into it, the widow does not. the shaft has a bit more shoulder than the APX which i also thought would be bad but im liking that too. I used to be in love with tiny round shafts ::insert joke here:: but not going to the apx or worse, my cyclone makes them feel too round and toyish. the shoulders fit my palms better and i get a better grip that way. but its not too big like the easton RS sticks where i cant wrap my hands around it right. 10/10

Stickhandling/receiving passes:
Im not a big stick handler but i can do it a little easier thanks to the feel of the blade. My passing used to be good, legitimately good, but now they are superb! touch passes get exactly where they need to be with just the right umph. 10/10

Shooting:
Hard, fast, and on target. I couldnt be happier. i took a couple of shots against the board and my teammates turned around to look at what just slammed against the boards to see me shooting there. thats a good sign. on one of my missed shot that hit the boards i heard the opposite goalie mumble "wow, glad that didnt hit me" as i rolled by. though the trick here is to let the stick do the work. really, just let it. when i try to power shots in i usually get a stinker and the puck just trickles forward. as for slappers theyre ok but i didnt get the stick for those and i rarely take big wind up slappers to begin with. one timers are nice and have a good snap. 9.5/10

Weight and balance:
as light as a top tier stick can be. balance is perfect for me. 10/10

Durability:
Well, 3rd game in the stick snapped about a foot up from the blade. the blade didnt have the chipping issues others have seen but thats could be because i didnt have it for that long or bc of the krylon on there. either way its off to get warrantied. 2/10

Intangibles:
I love the matte finish on the shaft but on the blade tape wouldnt stick but thats an easy fix. graphics on the warriors now are way more subdued but they look good and differently enough form everyone else that it is unique. they have a customizer but i bought this on clearance which is + points for me. 8/10

Conclusion:
Great stick, really love it. im using the backup i have now and its been fine for the first game and ill update on the warranty conclusion. using it is effortless and i feel like its more of an extension of me than the apx which was something i felt like i had to wield. Im really hoping the other stick hold up better because its always disappointing when a stick breaks before hand especially on a pass to the point. the DT1 is said to be much stronger and depending on the outcome with the widows ill look into one of the coverts. 59/70 = 8.4/10