Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stack77

Conversion Questions

Hi I am new to this forum. I play varsity inline hockey and play travel inline hockey. I recently broke my ankle in a game and had to get a plate and screws in. So obviously I will not be skating for awhile so I planned to do some research on conversions. I really want a more supportive boot and I feel Ice Hockey boots are. I have the Mission Aluminum Chassis and plan on using that on my ice skates. I am planning on either using Reebok 14k's, Reebok 11k's, or Bauer One.8's. Do any of those skates need altering to put the chassis on besides drilling the holes? If you have examples of any of those skates it would be nice to see (I did see the 14k's on the Ice/Inline Conversion). I plan on having my store to take the rivets off but I plan on drilling the holes to make it right.

Sprungs will put less stress on you ankle and give you additional performance. Ask you Dr. about the first part, and he will agree. The second part becomes self-evident with use.

reebok boots are not designed for a hi-lo setup so they will require a lil dremmeling in the bottom of the boot where the bauers will mount with no prolbem's. from my experience

I ran straight frame rather easy when I used the 11k (now with Alkali) but if I had an issue I would rather add a lift than do any dremmeling.

reebok boots are not designed for a hi-lo setup so they will require a lil dremmeling in the bottom of the boot where the bauers will mount with no prolbem's. from my experience

If only we could buy them..... I'm still waiting for my version 2 sprungs.

I just made 1000 pair and they're getting on the boat next week. The new A6X rocker arms are now stronger than the old A7/8 arms. I also changed the resin formula and all parts are now stronger, harder, and torque less. They will be here in 40-50 days and will be available exclusively at sprunghocky.com as soon as we can get them sorted. Old pre-orders filled first.

Thanks for the replies if I get the reeboks I will just use my old taboo chassis. I looked into the sprung chassis but decided to use what I am used to. Hopefully the skates will turn out well. So if I use reeboks do I need to dremmel anything with with a straight 80 chassis?

I didn't have to when I had my 11ks mounted with the Labeda frame. If clearance is an issue I might go with a lift in the front and the back to give you some more room.

Thanks for the replies if I get the reeboks I will just use my old taboo chassis. I looked into the sprung chassis but decided to use what I am used to. Hopefully the skates will turn out well. So if I use reeboks do I need to dremmel anything with with a straight 80 chassis?