Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

althoma1

Warrior AX1 Elbow Pads NEW, Mission T8 Pants NEW, Knit Socks

Senior Large Warrior Dynasty AX1 Elbow pads. NEW without tags.

I've never owned pro stock elbows, but from what I've read the AX1s fit similar to Jofa Pro elbows, but have a more comfortable strapping system and a nicer antibacterial liner. I picked them up from another member and they're very nice pads, but I just prefer the fit of my 2012 Projekts. SOLD for $75 shipped .

Here are a few comments from this forum:

Protective – This is where Warrior went out and made things a little more simple in terms of lines; there will only be one line of protective going forward. Going with their cap technology, which consists of multiple layers of materials to disperse impact and reduce weight, they’ve also changed the liner; they are going with Polygiene, which has been used in other sports equipment to reduce odor and moisture management. The liner’s color is yellow (that is Dynasty’s color, Covert is blue.) The elbow pads are very impressive – if you are one of those guys like me who won’t get rid of their Jofas, this surely makes it tempting to.

I picked up a pair of these (AX1) last week. I will be giving a review on them in a couple months. I can say that they fit me as well as my Jofa 9144 Pro's and even better in some places. I went with a large and for the first time in my life I dont have an elbow pad pinching my tricep.

Still curious about possibly heat molding pads such as these to fit that much better.

I have been using the AX1 for about 2 months. I'm 6'1" 212 lbs. and went with the large. I previously wore 7K Pros in a medium, but the medium AX1s were a little too snug in the forearm for me.

The AX1s felt a little stiff and bulky "out of the box," but as a previous poster stated, I didn't even notice them once I started playing. I've skated with them about 8 times and I've gotten used to the perceived bulk, but they are still a little stiff... Which will subside in time.

Overall, I think this is a great pad and I would have to say that the feature I like most about them is the liner. Once you start to sweat the liner feels like it locks them into place. Slippage was an issue with the Warrior Projekt 2011 model that I owned, so I am glad to see an upgrade in this area for the top of the line pad from Warrior. I think these offer just as good of protection as my 7K Pros, so hopefully they can hold up as well. I am most interested in seeing how well the middle strap holds up, as this strap shredded over time with the afformentioned Projekts.

Nice job, Warrior.

ze90.th.jpg
8c0i.th.jpg
a1pn.th.jpg
lw25.th.jpg

Mission Axiom T8 Inline Pants - Size Large. NEW with tags. The sizing chart on one of the tags suggests that they're a good fit for someone 5'9"-6'1" with a 36"-38" waist - the adjustable belt system would likely allow someone outside of that waist range to wear them as well. I'm 6'2" with about a 37" waist and they fit me, but are quite roomy - they could easily be expanded to fit a 40"+ waist. They have a loose fit. I'm only selling them because I prefer the more anatomical fit of my old Valken Pro pants and the Bauer XR5 pants I recently received to ref roller hockey with. SOLD for $41 + shipping on eBay.

5v0d.th.jpg

I switched to Edge style socks some time ago and no longer use Knit socks, but have a few pairs that are either new or in very good condition that are available if anyone is interested.
I have two pairs of Men's Large solid San Jose teal socks that are in very good condition and were only worn a few times. They have a few small holes/runs, but nothing major. Model-Line Hockey Socks. Made in Canada. 65% Polyester and 35% Cotton. $5/pair + shipping or local pickup.
1 Pair of White socks with a blue and white stripe. Montreal Canadiens away colours. Men's XL. Brand NEW with tags. Kobe Socks. Made in Canada. 65% Polyester and 35% Cotton. $10+shipping or local pickup.
usme.th.jpg