Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Neal

CCM Vector Pro Sr. Hockey Girdle

Size: XL

Reviewer Info:
Level of play: Beer League
Frequency of play: 2-3 times per week
Size: 6'3, 250lbs

Fit: A touch looser fitting girdle. Perhaps somewhere between a traditional pant and a girdle. The XL fits me well in most areas. The Velcro straps across the thigh allows any where from a tight, typical girdle fit to a more pant like fit. Note that there is no length adjustment. A key complaint is the belt. Its on the inside of the pads and has to be really yanked tight to hold the girdle up. It doesn't seem like this will work long term, but hasn't given out yet.
7/10

Protection: I wore a Bauer roller hockey girdle previously, so these are a big upgrade. But even compared to pants I wore years ago these are very protective. Not the best through the inner thighs maybe so maybe not a good option for shot blockers. But the hip, kidney and spine protection is very good, which were the priority areas for me.
9/10

Weight: Heavier than the roller girdle, but still lighter than my old spare pants. I also find the tighter fit masks the weight of the girdle.
8/10

Durability: Been using them for several months now and little wear has shown up. the hip areas have some scuffs from board impacts, but nothing more than cosmetic.
10/10

Conclusion: Solid choice amongst the girdles. Better protection than the Easton girdle on par with the Bauer X60. Maybe not as good as the Reebok, but definitely lighter than it too. Typically a lower price too.

Overall Rating: 8.5/10 (34/40)

Size: M

Reviewer Info:
Level of play: Beer League (Ice)
Frequency of play: 2 times per week
Size: 5'11, 175lbs

Fit: Fits loser in the kidney and waist area with the thigh area being adjustable. You can make this girdle fit snug around the thighs or looser like a pant utilizing the velrco straps. This pant does not offer any length adjust-ability. However, it seems that the leg padding is relatively long compared to other pants. The included belt works okay, but does not seem to keep the girdle snug in the kidney area. Buttons for hockey suspenders are built in for those who need them. I have attached laces on the two most forward facing suspender buttons on the girdle to act as a lacing system. This has allowed me to snug up the kidney/lower back area of the girdle to my body. Keep in mind I have a skinny torso and waist, so larger humans may not need to do this.
8/10

Protection: This was my first girdle after wearing pants since I started playing hockey. Padding seems great in the kidney, tailbone, and outer thigh areas. I have taken many slap shots right into the main thigh padding with no ill effect. However, the inner thigh padding is non existent due to the design of the velcro straps. Many mid to lower end hockey pants are also built without this inner thigh padding. I have "yet" to experience any issue from pucks or sticks due to this. The kidney padding and lower back padding is adequate and I've had no issues with injury there.
9/10

Weight: Lighter than regular pants I've used, but not as light as other brand girdles. I have found that snugging up the thigh padding and upper belt/kidney area hides any extra weight.
8/10

Durability: I have been using them for a year and a half now. The only issue is from snagging a loose screw on a bench and it tore through the mesh area of the girdle (and through the pant cover). In normal hockey play this wouldn't occur. Have been very happy with the overall durability of the girdle. The velcro has remained strong and no fabric tears anywhere else.
10/10

Conclusion: Great option for a girdle. Provides increased protection than the Easton girdle which I demoed prior to purchasing the CCM girdle. You can still find this girdle on clearance. Even used I wouldn't hesitate purchasing this girdle due to it's great durability. If you are looking to break the ice into wearing girdles this one is a great choice.