Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zyzzbraaa

Perfect skate fit

I just bought the alkali ca9's in side 9. When i lace them up tight sitting down with my heel all the way back my toe cannot touch the front of the skate. If i stand up I feel my big toe starting to touch the front of the skate. If i stand up and my calf hits the back of the skate it pushes my big toe into the front and is borderline uncomfortable. If i bend over and hold the back of the skate and push my heel into the back of the skate it cannot touch the front at all.

Do I have to just break in the skate or should I go up to a 9.5? I spent a lot of money on these skates so I want to be sure I have the right size.

Thanks!!!

The CA9 are highly thermoformable, did you have them baked? The sizing looks to be good, but you should not be able to slip your heel forward / upward.

Sounds near perfect to me

ty

The CA9 are highly thermoformable, did you have them baked? The sizing looks to be good, but you should not be able to slip your heel forward / upward.

not yet, thanks.

Wait is your heel slipping around that much or is it different stances make your toe touch/not touch the cap? When you lace up the boot do you put your foot in and then hit the back of the skate against the ground to make sure your heel is 100% back? Do that and lace em up like you would.

If your heel is flying around a lot , even with a tight lace to keep it in there then maybe the skate isn't for you. If it's just your foot shortening and lengthening with stance changes you should be good.

I'm not sure a bake could compensate if your heel is that loose.

Wait is your heel slipping around that much or is it different stances make your toe touch/not touch the cap? When you lace up the boot do you put your foot in and then hit the back of the skate against the ground to make sure your heel is 100% back? Do that and lace em up like you would.

If your heel is flying around a lot , even with a tight lace to keep it in there then maybe the skate isn't for you. If it's just your foot shortening and lengthening with stance changes you should be good.

I'm not sure a bake could compensate if your heel is that loose.

no, it is not too loose. I was thinking it might be too small. I got them baked today. They fit well. Thank you a lot.