Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ambro

Removing Black Spray Paint

I spray painted the bottoms of some of my sticks black, 2 coats then a coat of clear. I want to take it off now though. What should I use?

PS - I searched, and it returned 13 pages, but nothing too helpful on this particular topic.

When I took it off my shaft last year I just scraped it off with a screwdriver and a sponge over the head so it doesn't scratch. Worked pretty good.

Don't have Goof Off, but I know I have Mineral Spirits. Do I just put it on the stick and rub the paint off with an old rag or what do I do?

Well, Mineral Spirits didn't work with just a rag, but it did come off with some 80 grit sandpaper. It also took off the original paint though. So I tried it with some 300 grit sandpaper, and it worked but it took a REALLY long time. I don't want to do that with all of my sticks, and I don't want to ruin them with 80 grit sandpaper. Any other ideas before I go to the last resort, gasoline?

y did you paint them to begin with ? just wondering. and what kind of sticks are they?

I was bored... Also the colors were kind of bright when I looked down at them, but I realized painting them didn't make a difference in games cuz I don't look down at my sticks anyways.

The sticks I painted are my Xn10 and my L-2.

cinastix, what is Cut Polish?