Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrMike

2003 Mission D3 Inline skates vs. New Skates

I am playing with the same skates that I have had for 10 years, and was wondering what the differences were between my current skates (Mission D3, size 12) vs. current skates. I could not find how much my skates weigh officially (Both together weigh 6.6 pounds on my scale, which may not be accurate).

I am not concerned about wheels since I recently put on some Rink Rats.

I've had some D2's, there is a huge difference between them and T9's or AC2's. Lighter and stiffer. I'd even say the T6's were a better boot.

Huge upgrade in materials and they have since been.taken over by Bauer so the missions fit has changed so depending on your foot that's a good thing. Boots are now able to be heat molded more but once they're set they are stiffer in.general.

Also after 10 years of, I assume, continued use your current skate must be so molded to your foot, if you try a new boot it will feel weird but it's good.

Btw one of the guys from.that era of mission is Justin, he is here on the boards and has continued on with alkali hockey.

Our Alkali skates are much closer to your D3 skates than current Missions. Mission still makes a quality product, but the fit is not the same at all. If you have any particular questions, please let me know.

Well there you go for size and fitting, but if you want to see how roller has evolved look at the chassis. Everything used to be one heavy block. Now look.at the new Apxr2 skates and Justins new line and you see there are cutouts in certain spots to reduce weight yet the chassis is still strong.