Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sixfortynine

youth hockey skates - width

My youngest son (mini-mite)has recently started complaining about the outsides of his foot hurting during skating. My assumption is that his boot is too narrow in the front. He is currently skating in a Bauer Vapor x1.0. Do you have any suggestions on a good wide youth skate? Originally we put him in a entry level skate because was new to the sport and didn't know how much interest he would have. That being said he is obsessed with hockey and now spending at least five hours a week on the ice, so I don't have a problem putting him in a good skate.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply Monty22. I have read that CCM's run a bit wider, we will take a look at them. My fear is that he will be swimming if I put him in 2Es. There doesn't seem to be a lot of options in widths for youth sizes.

You could consider stretching out the Vapor in th emeantime to get it wider for his foot. If he hasn't outgrown the skate lengthwise, this might be a more economical decision. Otherwise, consider how Bauer Supremes, Nexus and Reebok fit him as well. You will find EE or 'wider' widths and such at a certain pricepoint and above for youth skates.

not sure how youth sizes are compared to the seniors but reeboks are wider but have a relatively lower than average volume. if he fits in the vapors volume wise this may be a good option.