Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xcntracer

Is this normal?

The 76mm look like an old school wheel whereas the 80mm is the profile they use today. I've never had the 76mm in these before the 80mm's I got looked like your 80mm's.

Yes, I noticed the exact same thing with 76mm Asphalts vs. 80mm.

No clue why they do that.

I personally use Asphalts indoor on a waxed wood floor. I am a large man (currently 275lbs ish) so I have no problem with grip. A lot of the lightweight guys use 78A Labeda Shooters...

I am normally a straight 80mm Tour user, but bought a pair of Missions a few years ago to see if I liked them. Bought 4 76mm Asphalts at the same time and noticed the different profile. That was at least 2-3 years ago (buying Boss SE's on closeout, so this is pre-Axiom!), so this is not something new. Ended up sending the skates and wheels back since I did not like the fit of the skates....

Funny thing is, i am using hi-lo setup, right? The two 80mm on my left skate were touching each other. Then i switched them out of desperation and it solved the problem. Any idea why?

Don't know anything about why they have different profiles other then maybe they changed the profile of the wheels and you got an old set and a new set.

Touching each other as in, if you spin one wheel the other wheel starts spinning the opposite way on its own? I had the same problem when I ordered my last set of grippers. They touched each other but it wasn't anything serious. After a few minutes of skating they rubbed enough off of each other to no longer touch.

Yes, exactly as you described. I know they will get rubbed off, i'm just nitpicking lol. They are not exactly the cheapest wheels, one would expect a lil bit of perfection

I really wouldn't get worked up about it. Most wheels don't even spin cleanly. I've had multiple sets of wheels that have a "slight wobble" to them, and I haven't noticed anything.

Juat posted something very similar in another thread, but I have the same wheels and same problem. The back two 80's don't touch, but are very very close to each other. Have you fixed the problem?