Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fastmiele

tennis elbow

Argh, my elbow is now started to hurt (tennis elbow I think). It just crept up on me a month ago and now my wrist has that same pain from the nerves. I think its from a combination of bad slap shot technique (driving the blade down into the ice instead of the sweeping motion) and also too much of a stiff stick. I am mostly using 110 flex sticks while my friend says it would be better if I use an 85 flex.

Yes, I can a get shot with an 85 flex but I hated that flexy feel while puck handling.

The only thing I can do now that helps a bit with the pain is use a wood stick. Please don't let me be Frederick Modin and be forced with playing wood sticks. The only other thing I can think of is to wear an elbow tensor wrap to minimize the pain. Anybody else have to these pains ?

Happens to me with OPS and really stiff shafts. It's caused by vibration.

An Alpha Nemesis is being sent to me as we speak. I'll let you know if it flares up. The worst one I used when it came to this was XN10, however, it improved over time. It doesn't bother me anymore.

Happens to me with OPS and really stiff shafts. It's caused by vibration.

An Alpha Nemesis is being sent to me as we speak. I'll let you know if it flares up. The worst one I used when it came to this was XN10, however, it improved over time. It doesn't bother me anymore.

yes, I think are right about the vibration part. even though I am not taking any more slap shots I still get tingles in my elbow from receiving hard passes.

I have 2 questions though, why would OPS vibrate more than a 2 piece composite stick ? Also, why would a stiffer shaft produce more vibration ? I thought that maybe with more butting that it would absorb more vibration (just a thought) ?

I had somehting like tennis elbow and it hurt alot but i got it from badminton to much but i didnt go to the doctor I just used a wrap everytime I played and that seemed to help

I had somehting like tennis elbow and it hurt alot but i got it from badminton to much but i didnt go to the doctor I just used a wrap everytime I played and that seemed to help

Don't ever tell hockey players you play badminton--just some words of advice . . .ha

There's nothing wrong with wooden sticks! Lose the pride :)

I'd switch in small steps. Go with a 100 flex for awhile.

Make sure you ice the sore spots for 20 minutes after every game/practice/workout. That's ICE not heat. You can't reduce tendonitis by exercising. Rest your arms as much as possible. If it is tendonitis, it will not go away. It is a build up of scar tissue. Surgery is the only cure. So once again, ICE it after every usage to minimize the inflamation, pain, and progression.

If not tendonitis, reducing the flex and improving your strength and technique should help. Get the wrist rollers and barbells goin!