Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mario123

Bauer Nexus 1000 Vs. CCM RBZ Skates

Just wondering how the fit is similar/different between these 2 skates. Which one has the wider heel?

My lhs has the Nexus on for a good price right now , and they don't have the RBZ in my size right now.

Nexus felt ok, but the heel felt a little big.

How much different will the skate feel if I get them baked?

How does the width compare to a Vapor EE, and what size heel cup is in the Nexus?

Just wondering if I should wait to see if I can try a RBZ on to see if it fits me better.

Any info or insight is greatly appreciated.

Nexus has a wider and deeper heel. Nexus D = Vapor EE.

CCM is much more versatile in fit and would absolutely mould around better than Nexus.

Does the Vapor in a EE have a wider heel cup than the Nexus?

I had the Total One skates 3 years ago and I found the heel too big in those and that was in a D width.

So an RBZ D and a Nexus D, the nexus would have the wider heel cup?

The guy at the LHS, said that the RBZ was wider in the forefoot and the heel.

Then again, he didn't have the RBZ in stock. Lol

It's a different shape, more V-like in the Vapor heel. I find the RBZ to feel close to Supreme, yet able to offer a better formed pocket post-bake so my narrow heel can sink back into. You need to try it on, there's no more value at this point in throwing around bits of info regarding feel. Try it and come back.

As I just got my RBZ 80's today (5.5 EE) and went back to my LHS since the RBZ's didn't fit me how I envisioned I tried on a 5.0 Nexus in D and they fit better then the RBZ for me and were the same width if not wider. All I can tell you for sure is the depth of the Nexus is much more then the RBZ, so you really need to try on both and have the correct sizing (your toes touching the caps) before you can decide what one fits better for you. For me I definitely need a Nexus like skate (the instep depth is perfect it seems on these for me). The RBZ was almost good in depth, but I fail the pencil test on eyelets 3 and beyond and after wearing them for 10 minutes my foot started to numb and my arch was becoming painful.

So like AIREAYE said, you gotta try them on. If the local shops dont have what you need, I would suggest investing in some tape from icewarehouse so you qualify for free return shipping, and just order some to try on. If they fit, and you want the local shop to get your business just return to IW and get the shop to order the correct size for you, and they should throw in free molding and sharpening.

I was in RBZ for ages, but went to NEXUS 8000 when I got new skates, but didn't like them so I sold them... I went back to CCM, but TACKS this time and really love the fit. I need a deeper skate due to my high instep, plus I have a bit wider forefoot, narrow ankles/heels and crazy high arches. I like a really snug fit, don't like sloppy skates.

I would love to go BAUER 1X as they fit the shape of my feet so damn well, but my instep is too high for them and couldn't even lace them up properly.... MX3 don't feel right on my feet... I'm going to stick with CCM as I seem to get a better fit, and would love to get custom TACKS. If the TACKS fit well, I would stick with those.

I really like the fit of the RBZ as I have a wide forefoot and a narrow heel.

Though if it hasn't been said yet the RBZ does have some QC issues (possibly due to incorrect molding temps at shops?) that usually leads to the inside wall of the skate where it meets the heel cracking. CCM does know about it though and for me at least has replaced skates out of the 90 day warranty period.

RBZs are a great skate you can really fly in but through my own experience and things i've heard from other they are poorly made. Nexus 1000 are made very well if you have the Fred Flintstone feet to wear them! RBZ is a very forward facing skate and has a high holder. Nexus has the older tuuk holder and more of a traditional feel.