Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dw91

Skate fit somewhere between 705 and vapor x#.0 series: Calling all Skate Experts!

Hi Folks,

I usually like to try to solve these problems myself, but I'm really stumped. I've been using Vapor x4.0's (11.5 EE) for the past year and a half-ish, and I've come across the following problems (problems have almost always been there, but keep getting worse):

-bad heel lock (feel it especially when skating backwards and taking off forwards)

-a little too much depth through forefoot and ankle (width on forefoot is in the OK to too tight range)

-flimsy tongue (blocking shots seems like an idiotic idea with these tongues)

I want to get some new skates, but don't want to drive the hour to the closest store to find out they don't have what I'm looking for. I had 705's before, and the heel lock was great on those, but they were simply too heavy and not really deep enough through the forefoot either. Heel lock and having a wide enough toecap and forefoot are my big issues, tongues can be swapped.

Does anybody have any ideas for good, durable skates? Thanks for any help you can give.

The Graf x35 series may be a good fit in wide. The heel is quite narrow, and the depth is a little shallower throughout, but noticeably so in the ankle so take a look. The 2010-and up year 735, 935 may be good.

will look into Graf's newer lines, thanks for that advice. Anybody else know of any other brands that might work?