Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hank_33

A little shot in the dark - skate help

It's a little shot in the dark, but I need new skates (roller and ice) and the 2 best fitting skates I've ever had were

1. Mission Helium 750:

h750_skate_full.jpg

2. Nike Quest:

emhmac6m.jpg

Does anyone remember what fit profile they were or if there is anything in the current skate lines (roller and ice) that fits close to them?

Tried some Mission Soldier Black skates few years back, but thought they fit differently than the He750, not sure about the newer mission models cause I stopped playing roller hockey for a few years

Wow, didn't exspect to get an answer from the guy who actually built it. So do the alkalis fit similar to the old mission? And I'm pretty sure I had the He750 in a EE width and I guess Alkalis are only offered in D width, aren't they? (at least I didn't find an wider offerings) it might be too narrow

Alakli skates are truely amazing... no ee width is offered because if you have a wide foot, you simply bake for the full 9 minutes. The skate will "mold out" to accommodate an EE foot and anything between.

This is a top feature imo, to allow players to get the right fit. Essentially you should be left with zero wasted space inside the boot, which maximizes power transfer and confidence.

Justin..that kind of puts my mind at rest..i have ordered 6.5 alkali shift+ (i had original mission assassins in a 7 which feel too long by half a size ish). Looking forward to getting mine!!But everything takes forever in the UK! grrr

SSS1987 hit the nail on the head. We currently only offer one width because of the moldability of our skates. Take a look at the Alkali thread for more feedback or you can e-mail me directly at justin@alkalihockey.com