Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beedee

Labeda Gripper or RinkRat Identity Theft?

I have narrowed my choice for an 80a wheel down to these two selections. Will be used indoor on a perforated light blue tiled surface. (HBinline in Socal.)

Currently using a dual pour RinkRat in the middle and a 76a Millenuim on the outers, but the 76a feel a it sluggish to me. I know the 80a will sacrifice grip, but Im looking for a bit more speed.

So, Labeda Gripper or RR Identity Theft?

Never used a Theft but they do look pretty cool!

If I we're going to take a stab in the dark and pick either one Id probably go the Gripper first.

It's been around forever and has a proven track record of good results on the rink.

And if they don't work out you can always give the thefts a try.

Either way though they're both a good inexpensive product.

Thanks WA. I didnt see your reply until just now. I ended up with the RR IT. I was leaning toward the Grippers because of their legacy but was very curious to see how the RR IT would be since there wasnt much out there as far as reviews go. I may skate them tomorrow morning, if not I will use them Monday night for sure.

Just mounted them up right now.

20150109_204016_zpskszmyjax.jpg

Used the RR IT's last night for the first time, everything went as expected. Much less rolling resistance, but a little less grip. Starts were more noticeably a little more tricky when the wheels would sort of slip if I really pushed hard on my first few strides. Once up to speed you could find the sweet spot when turning, depending on how hard you leaned. It was easy to recover if they broke loose, in fact I found it easier to "hockey stop" with these since I knew when they would break loose depending on how hard I leaned into them.

So far so good. I do like the speedier set up compared to the grippier set up, I can't stand that bogged down feeling. This set up feels almost on par with what I'd feel on a nicely cut sheet of ice.