Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chrisjfinlay

playing with a back support

So I recently got into roller hockey, and joined a (very) amateur club local to me. It's been a long time since I wore any sort of skate, and I've noticed that as practice goes on, my lower back is killing me - as are my feet. Though my feet have been getting better even after just a few weeks with getting use to it, my back isn't. I'm not the fittest guy around and I'm expecting the back pain to subside as I get back to into shape - I also plan to start doing situps etc again - but in the meantime, would it be a good idea to wear some sort of back support while I play? If so, any recommendations?

You know, probably not. I've never been very good at stretches - physical activity has never been my thing. 28 years of laziness takes its toll!

Any recommendations for good stretches?

Edit to clarify: I do some really basic ones like stretching my legs behind me and up a bit, and leaning over etc. I guess I don't do much for my back though.

After warmups, you need to do some stretches. In my hockey class at school we'll stretch our hips, hamstrings, wrists, back, groin, and arms. Also, how is your posture? Make sure that you're keeping your back straight and just your knees are bent.

yeah, I don't know what the stretches I do are called, but I notice when I do, vs don't stretch out my back more than I do even my legs.