Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gadzooks

Bauer Cowling Nut Tightness

Hello Everyone. I recently purchased a pair of Bauer Pro Goalie Skates. They have the 3mm cowling which has the nut on the toe of the blade. How tight should this be? Is it possible to over tighten the nut? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mike

Yea, don't over-tighten it. I found when I got my skates it wasn't tight enough and my runners with clicking a bit. Tighten it to the point just before it starts to get difficult to turn much further, if that makes sense. It doens't have to be cranked down so much that you can't tighten it any further, you'll end up cracking the holder. I tighten mine to about the point where the screw threads stick out maybe 1/8" past the end of the nut.

I tighten mine to about the point where the screw threads stick out maybe 1/8" past the end of the nut.

Depends. The goal skates now have smaller screws (and a washer to prevent over-tightening.)

What I meant by that is that the screws that come factory on the skate are shorter than the standard Lightspeed screws. So 1/8" on the standard LS screw would be different on the shorter one.

I also heard back from Bauer directly and their said the following:

"Thank you for your email and your support of Bauer Hockey. We do not have a torque measurement, you will simply need to tighten until tight. Also, make sure screw doesn't extend to hang out of the cowling. If you are unsure on this, the staff at your local authorized Bauer dealer will be able to assist you with this."