Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dabeechman

Blisters on inside arch

Hey gents, I can't say that I have ever had an issue with blisters in the past with any other boot, but ever since I went to a pair of Mako's, I can't skate more than a game without getting a blister on my instep. I figured over time the new skates would break in a little more and relieve that part of the boot, but no dice.

Currently wearing Bauer elite kevlar socks. Lower boot is snug, but not tight, and the upper boot is fairly snug. No rocking/movement in the boot when I skate. Standard insoles, but I have some superfeet that I could try in them if you think it would help.

Thoughts?

Maybe your instep is too high for Mako. Did you do the pencil test?

You may feel pressure not only on your instep but also on the bottom of your foot (around arch) when wearing skates that are not enough volume to comfortably wrap your insteps.

Or maybe the tongue doesn't fit you. Replacing the tongue may solve this problem.

Try the insoles first.

Does it feel like there's rubbing or pressure on your arch? Hows your length in the boot (any sliding back and forth)?

As soon as I stand up in the skates I feel the pressure on my instep. That could be because the foot is already raw from the last game though, and not an indication that there is a hot spot right there. I have a game tonight, so I am going to try the insoles to see if that helps, if not...I'll try baking them again I guess. There is no front/back, or side/side movement in the boot though. Even under hard edging/acceloration I can't feel any slop in the boot.

Thanks for the responses gents.