Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eman24dx

Least favorite sport

The actual racing part is what boring, but ask me or anyone else I know that has nothing better to do, and racing is on, you watch it for the crashes. You hope no one gets hurt, but you have to admit that the crashes are the most exciting thing in  Nascar, and probably one of the only reasons most people watch NASCAR, or any other racing event.

Yeah, it's sad that the racing part of Nascar is so boring that everyone only ever notices and remembers the crashes and not who crosses the finish line first. Nascar's track is so congested it's dangerous. When these guys lose traction and slam into a concrete wall, the probabilities aren't in their favor at the speeds they go at. I can't watch or support an event that knowingly puts its participants lives at risk repeatedly.

But I completely disagree that people watch other racing events for the crashes. Anyone who watches F1 or MotoGP watch it for the skill and the competition, not for the crashes. They happen, but are not the main focus like in Nascar.

That's because F1 and MotoGP make right hand turns and go up and down hills. Nascar makes left turns for 400 miles while the guys say things like, "He going to try and pass him right here Benny." Not to mention Nascar has restrictor plates because they "go too fast" and don't race in the rain. If the drivers were as good as they keep saying they are, they would be able to handle any conditions like the F1 guys.

Basketball is quite boring and baseball is terrible. I'm sorry but i don't have much respect for a sport that has some seriously fat guys competeing. And while i'm not a fan of football, some of the players need to be big boys to hold the line (or break through it) so i won't compare them to the fat baseball players.

Soccer, the sport in the whole is jsut terrible. I dont like watching 90 gay guys prance around in the feild chasing a ball, get real. I read an article a while ago saying some of the professionals use tactics like scratching to get the ball away from the other team, COME ON!

Guest phillyfan
I can't watch or support an event that knowingly puts its participants lives at risk repeatedly.

Although I agree with you for the most part, the event isn't putting the participants at risk, the participants know the risks and most athletes play their chosen sport because of the risks, for the thrill. Sure, the league could make the racing safer somehow, they may be liable for that, but for the general risk, the players are responsible.

Guest phillyfan
I like watching girls soccer. Not the professional crap, but the high school teams that a lot of my friends play on.

Don't we all? :P But, if you really want to see something, watch girls gymnastics and/or swimming. Field hockey isn't all that bad as well with the shorts they wear, I think they are called dresses...

Gymnastics is full of midgets though. Sure they wear uniforms that are deaf-friendly and they're flexible, but they're midgets.

You might like women's volleyball then, Mack. At least they generally have to meet a minimum height requirement. I've got a thing for women's beach v-ball myself.

Theres a huge difference between womens volleyball and womens beach volleyball. One requires you to be 6 feet tall, and the other requires you to look good in a bikini.

You might like women's volleyball then, Mack.  At least they generally have to meet a minimum height requirement.  I've got a thing for women's beach v-ball myself.

Theres a huge difference between womens volleyball and womens beach volleyball. One requires you to be 6 feet tall, and the other requires you to look good in a bikini.

Aside from the differences between the two games, I don't see the how the athletic requirements are hugely different. International women's beach v-ball still have tall players 6' tall. As for indoor v-ball, some of those women I saw during a local university meet/tournament/practice a few years ago as I was passing by would have looked good in bikinis too (they were already good looking to begin with).

Gymnastics is full of midgets though. Sure they wear uniforms that are deaf-friendly and they're flexible, but they're midgets.

but these guys are ridiculously strong, have you seen them on the rings and the positions they have to hold? Call them pansies(i don't mean you mack, just people in general think male gymnists are a bunch of fags) but i have mad respect for them.

but I just don't like playing golf. It's the most frustrating and expensive sport out there. I need to be drunk if I'm hitting up a golf course.

I can see how some would say gulf is frustrating but I find it very relaxing. Even though it usually takes me 5-10 strokes per hole I just love being out on a nice course, nice day. I dont get to upset with my score I just try to make the best of it.

I love golf but it's frustrating. I'm anal about anything I do and the thing with golf is you could have always done something better.