Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mattyr33

Tackla/Eagle pant sizing

Hi I have several questions about these pants as information seems to be lacking. I searched google and these forums and my questions got kind of answered but really I got more confused.

Basic background: I'm coming from Bauer One75 pants in size medium that I got 5+ years ago when I was 5'9" 165 lbs. I'm now about 175-180 lbs and they still fit but I want more protection which I read Eagle/Tackla offer. None of the stores around me stock them as far as I know (maybe available to order?) so I looked online and saw some pretty good deals. I ended up measuring my waist and it was about 35-36" which according to Tackla size chart I should be in a 52. But since I'm coming from medium Bauers that fit pretty well I didn't believe it and ended up ordering 2014 Eagle Talon pro's in size 50. They were still wayyyyyy too big. They kind of fit the same in the waist as my Bauers, but they're supposed to be tighter in the waist. The rest of the pant was incredibly bulky (maybe because it was the Pro pant?), so I figured I should order a 48. Well I couldn't find any Eagle pants in size 48 so I went to ebay and found some new Tackla TP5000 size 48. I just received these and they are snug (maybe a little too snug, It is a struggle to get them to the 1" gap at the laces). Anyways, the big problem is the length. They are super short, well above my kneecaps. I'm just under 5'9" so I can't imagine a 48 regular being that short on me. Is it possible that these are 48 -2"? I don't see anything on the tag that would indicate that.

Now my questions...

If I was able to find an Eagle size 48 pant, would that fit me or somehow be too small again?

Am I going to be swimming in a Tackla 50?

I hear Graf pants are similar to Tackla and Eagle, would anyone know if 48 or 50 would be optimal here if I were to try that?

I took some pictures of me wearing the pants, as well as the Tackla tags.

WCCDqHr.jpg

jZmMvZN.jpg

dOaG7tv.jpg

zp2ZD5p.jpg

I have a pair of Eagle Aero pro stock and had a pair of Graf 700 as well, both size 50. My Eagles are more snug around the waist than my Graf, but the Graf are slightly longer in length. I have a 32-33 inch waist depending on the day - I'm 5'6" and 165lbs (right in the middle of 'the chart') so I debated between 48 & 50 as well. 48 were snug, 50 not as much. I wound up going with 50 both times I and don't regret it at all. Both are Canadian made and both have a ton of protection. They had the same construction - aside from some slightly bulkier pads in the Eagles. Prior to my Grafs I wore Vapors in a small because I followed 'the chart'. They lasted me 6 months, had almost no protection and were short in length.. on a short guy. I've since picked up a pair of new Supreme Pro Stocks in a Medium for almost nothing so I gave the Grafs to a buddy - but I wouldn't trade my Eagles for anything.

I'm 5'6" 150# and when I wore my Tacklas (which I still do on occasion) I wore size 46 (but I'm pretty slender build) and could get by with a 48.

If I remember correctly, Tacklas, being European style hockey pants are known to fit pretty tight around the waste and more loosely throughout the rest of the leg.

They can feel a bit more bulky since they are known for their protection plus they don't use a lot of the newer fancy materials that can reduce weight (as far as I know). That bulky feeling could be the price of more protection (or a bad fit, not sure).

Just guesstimating from your post, maybe size 50 Tacklas might work for you.

Were the 50's too big, or just too bulky or your taste? It's a little tough to tell from the picture, but they do not look waaaaay too big. If the waist and length are good, then they are sized correctly, but the style of fit may not be to your preference.