Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chadd

TPS R2

TPS R2

Fit- Small glove, somewhat tight fitting. I like the tapered fingers, I think it's one of the best features of the HGT and R2 glove line. The gloves were slightly smaller than optimal for me but the gloves were good in so many other areas I decided to use them anyway. The close fit makes them feel like an extension of my hand. Little or no "slop" when stickhandling, passing or shooting. 9/10

Protection- Dual density foam and no inserts makes it a functional glove, yet not up to full pro-spec protection levels. It's probably plenty of protection for the average hockey player, unless you often get two handed baseball-type swings at your hands. 8/10

Weight- I have no idea what the scale says but they feel very light on my hands. No complaints at all as they're one of the lightest gloves I've ever used. 9/10

Durability- I bought the gloves several months ago and I've used them constantly since then. No rips or tears and the seams have held up quite well. The palms are finally getting crusty, something all nash palms do to me. I may simply have them repalmed and keep them as spares, they are in fantastic condition. 9/10

Intangibles- I hate nash palms, yet I've used these gloves for the last 6+ months. That should tell you something about the gloves right there. 9/10

Conclusion- Even with one major strike against them (nash palm) this is easily my favorite pair of gloves ever. Considering I've been through more than 20 pair in the last 2 years, that's saying something. 8.8/10 average score