Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tcc

What inline is similar....

Looking to pick up a new set of inline skates.  Currently have the Bauer 190 for ice and love the fit.  Between Alkali (maybe rpd shift) and Mission (inhaler ds2/3), what is similar to the 190?  Or should I look at another manufacturer?

tia

Don't know why I can't edit my previous reply but anyways, do you know where in TO they would sell the inhaler althoma1?

If you want skates that fit like Supremes then yes the Inhalers are your best bet. I haven't bought retail inline boots in ages - I've been converting ice boots for quite some time. Right now I'm using Makos with the Sprung chassis and before that I had KORs and Torspos with Sprungs. I prefer the Sprung chassis to any of the flat options and the Mako skates are the best fit I've found and there's no stock inline version of that skate. Most of the players I know that have purchased high end stock inline skates have either ordered them online from the US (places like Ice Warehouse or HockeyMonkey) and shipped them to either a friend or US mailbox near the border or have ordered them online from places like thehockeyshop.com or coasthockeyshop.com in Canada. With the current exchange rate it'd have to be a screaming deal to consider ordering anything from the US.

Most places in Toronto only seem to carry up to the mid-end skates. I do see that Pro Hockey Life has Inhaler AC:3 skates (the previous inhaler line) on clearance for $249.97 in quite a few sizes: https://www.prohockeylife.com/-c-903/mission-inhaler-ac-3-sr-roller-hockey-skates-p-12440. That's probably the best deal you'll find on a mid-end Inhaler in Toronto.

I haven't been there in some time, but Toronto Hockey Repair used to carry some higher end inline models. You could call them and ask what they carry and for prices. National Sports in Pickering also used to have a decent selection of mid-end inline skates as well, but I don't know if that's the case anymore (I haven't been specifically looking for them).

Great, thanks.  Will check out those places.

That sprung chassis looks pretty impressive.  Are they the same as the mars blade?

I have a really old pair of hockey skates which the 190 replaced.  I can convert those with either a sprung chassis or mars blade but I won't get the same support and weight reduction as current inlines have.

They're something like these

s-l300.jpg

The Marsblade and Sprungs are not the same. They both try to replicate an ice like feel, but in different ways. I have only used the Sprungs, but haven't used the Marsblades. There are some who have used both that compare the two in the Marsblade thread:

If you're going to invest in Sprungs or Marsblades I'd mount them on a more modern boot if you're planning to play in a league. If it's just for off ice training and street skating then the old boots would be an OK option if they still fit you well.

I see.  I guess both have their pros/cons.

I think I've seen the Marsblade being somewhere in TO but what about the Sprung chassis?  Only online?

I checked the Sprung website and it seems like they haven't updated since 2009.  No info on shipping to Canada and such.

Sprung is online only. They will ship to Canada via USPS at cost. I think it was approximately $25 for shipping when I bought mine.