Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ranger-#8

Broke my arm

Thursday I broke my arm pritty bad in a game. I broke both bones in my arm it looked nasty. Right above my wrist it looked like a "S". I will be in a cast for 6-8 weeks. I was wondering how much strengthI will lose and what will it effect in my game it is my bottom hand on my stick? Also, is there anything to help prevent muscle loss and quick recoup?

I cant help with any of that but what popped into my head personally is to make sure you don't try and "get back in the saddle" too quickly or you might screw up the healing process by making it take longer to heal or you may re-injure it if you start trying to train/recoup too early.

The way I think of it is when a person is lifting weights they are supposed to take time off every other day to let the muscles heal/rebuild (get bigger) so in my brain I imagine it as if your working the muscles and your body is sending stuff (blood, nutrients, etc.) to heal the muscles your working out then less of that is going to your broken bones.

Just my .02, sorry about your arm.

I gotta agree with the first post. Don't rush it. My guess is that you are an active guy that is going to get restless. Give it time to heal, and work towards gettting your strength back. I went through a similiar situation when I wrecked on my motorcycle, I had to learn how to be a lefty, not easy but I am almost there (except the slapshot)

I gotta agree with the first post. Don't rush it. My guess is that you are an active guy that is going to get restless. Give it time to heal, and work towards gettting your strength back. I went through a similiar situation when I wrecked on my motorcycle, I had to learn how to be a lefty, not easy but I am almost there (except the slapshot)

Off topic - I know a guy locally who plays AAA and can shoot both ways just the same. It's crazy, he ordered 3 straight vectors, and can shoot just as hard as me both ways, he switches during the game depending on what side he plays.

I gotta agree with the first post.  Don't rush it.  My guess is that you are an active guy that is going to get restless.  Give it time to heal, and work towards gettting your strength back.  I went through a similiar situation when I wrecked on my motorcycle, I had to learn how to be a lefty, not easy but I am almost there (except the slapshot)

Off topic - I know a guy locally who plays AAA and can shoot both ways just the same. It's crazy, he ordered 3 straight vectors, and can shoot just as hard as me both ways, he switches during the game depending on what side he plays.

i am ambedexterous or however you spell it. I can shoot both ways, kick both ways, write both ways and in base ball i hit swich.