Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nikkatnight

Skates that are comparable to Reebok 8k Pumps?

My Reebok 8k Pumps are on their way out. I'm looking to get a similar skate with the same/similar features that isn't much different in sizing. Ideally, the holders of my new skates will be compatible with the runners of my 8ks, because I bought an extra set of runners for the 8ks that I still haven't used. I'm looking at the CCM Ribcor 46ks, would those work? Anyone have any suggestions? Looking to spend $250 or less. Thanks.

Believe the Ribcor have a different fit compared to the Reebok versions.  The Reeboks were pretty wide throughout if memory serves.  I remember trying a pair on and they did NOT work for my feet, even with the pump, as my heel is just too narrow.  Meanwhile my LHS has actually recommended I potentially look at the current Ribcor offering BECAUSE of my narrow heel.  Now, with heat molding, that doesn't mean they can't work, but I think you will notice some differences right out of the box that you may/may not like. 

In CCM'S lineup the closest will be the Tacks.  Your old steel will not be compatible with any of the current product lineup.  The new CCM holders are a huge improvement over the E-Pro/prolite.  A holder swap is always an option but parts and labor will be almost half your skate budget.