Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2nhockey

How Are Goalie Jerseys Sized?

I'm not sure how to get the right size goalie jerseys. Specifically I'm looking for practice jerseys. Seems I've tried to buy goalie jerseys before but there is clearly something going on with the sizing I don't understand and they were too tight. So, last season my son was able to wear senior XL player jerseys and for the most part that worked ok. But, he is changing CA's this year plus he's grown a bit so don't think senior XL's will work anymore.

If it helps at all, his skater jersey size is a senior small. How do I decipher what size goalie jersey to get?

If you're talking about somebody who isn't 6'4 and in the NHL, the standard "goalie cut" will work. There are larger goalie cuts you can get but for 90% of the people out there you won't need it.

You definitely don't want to be using a player jersey as a goalie. The arms are totally different. You CAN buy like a XXL-XXXL player jersey and cut the arms off I guess but there's no real reason to do that unless you have a player jersey you REALLY want to wear and are willing to put the effort into modding it.  

Goalie jerseys typically only come in 1 cut, an Adult GC and probably a Int & JR GC as well. To be honest your son could probably fit in an adult XL player jersey, just try & see. An adult GC also varies widely from one brand to another so I would expect the same for smaller GC sizes. If you need a team jersey, find the brand & check to see how the sizes match up

Yea its mostly only pro GC jerseys that have larger sizes. 58G or 60G. 

For practice jerseys I'm a huge fan of the cheap CCM jerseys (very light, very stretchy) or the Firstar series.