Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mojo122

Inline Skates

Looking to buy inline skates for some off ice conditioning. Don’t intend to play roller, but looking for boots that will mirror ice skating and prefer to buy a quality skate over a less expensive entry-level model. I have a wide foot with almost no arch. What might some of our roller experts recommend?

The Rocker frames are suppossed to emulate Ice Skating but I've never used them so I can't verify that. They have the Quest & Vapor skates on several websites on clearance (mostly under the $150 range). I'm looking into getting the Quest 1's with the Hi-Lo frame, but thats my personal preference. You probably can't go wrong with Mission skates either, you can get their older models of top of the line skates from past years for pretty cheap too. B)

Given what you stated, I'd look for some EE Bauer Vapor or Nike skates with the Tuuk rocker chassis. Alot of the in-line only guys prefer the Hi-Lo chassis, but if your goal is to most closely mimic ice skating, the rocker is the way to go. I've skated in both chassis and the rocker definitely feels more like ice skating to me.

The Rocker frames are suppossed to emulate Ice Skating but I've never used them so I can't verify that. They have the Quest & Vapor skates on several websites on clearance (mostly under the $150 range). I'm looking into getting the Quest 1's with the Hi-Lo frame, but thats my personal preference. You probably can't go wrong with Mission skates either, you can get their older models of top of the line skates from past years for pretty cheap too.  B)
Given what you stated, I'd look for some EE Bauer Vapor or Nike skates with the Tuuk rocker chassis.  Alot of the in-line only guys prefer the Hi-Lo chassis, but if your goal is to most closely mimic ice skating, the rocker is the way to go.  I've skated in both chassis and the rocker definitely feels more like ice skating to me.

Thanks guys. My LHS has Bauer, Nike, and Mission inline skates. They also have some good deals on the 03 models as they make room for the 04 line.