Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
iameric

A6.0 SBP Review

Stick History: True A6.0 Sbp, True XC9 Acf, Warrior HD1, Warrior QRL, Warrior Alpha QX, Bauer Vapor 1x, Bauer Supreme MX3, Easton Stealth CX, Easton Synergy HTX, Easton Mako 2

Stick Info: A6.0 SBP (Gen 1) -TC2 75 Flex
Height: Cut 1 Inch
Weight: 415g (apprx)
Grip: Yes
Usage: 1 year

Blade (4.5/10):

The A6.0 Sbp Features a Stiff Blade thanks to the “Braided Rib Technology”. This blade is awesome… when its not cracked. When I first started playing with the A6.0 SBP first thing I noticed was how stiff and responsive the blade was. After playing a few games I noticed when retaping it that there were small cracks forming along side the face of the blade, thinking nothing of it I kept playing with it. After a few more games I noticed the blade lost its stiffness and the cracks were getting worse. Thanks to True Hockeys awesome customer service, they gladly warrantied the stick and sent me a replacement. After using the warranty stick, I have noticed the same thing happening, blade lost its stiffness and has formed small cracks

Shaft/Flex (9/10):

The shaft is a square with concave sidewalls with a mid/variable kickpoint. I Personally found this shaft/kick points to be one of the best that I have used in a very long time.The grip on the A6.0 Sbp is a nice soft grip, not too tacky yet not too slippery, a nice in between. The square shaft has a very nice feel to it when holding it and you have complete control over any movement. The flex that I used is a 75 flex, for me personally this was a perfect flex. It stayed consistant and predictable when passing, shooting and handling the puck. Not too soft and not too stiff, played true to the 75 flex rating.

Shooting (10/10):

This is where the A6.0 Sbp really shines. Shooting with this stick is a dream. I found that when you wanted a quick wrist shot the puck came off quickly and crisply and when you were taking a slapshot from the point, you could really get a huge shot out. Shooting with the A6.0 sbp was easy and flawless. Best shooting all around stick that I have played with so far.

Stickhandling/receiving passes (8/10):

When stick handling I personally prefer a lively blade, and the A6.0 sbp is exactly that. Thanks to again, the brt tech, the blade of the A6.0 sbp is very responsive and crisp. When stickhandling I had no issues with knowing where the puck is on my blade which gave me a lot of confidence when attempting to deke opponents.  When it comes to sending out saucers or receiving them, the saucers had sauce and when receiving, the stuck like glue BUT that is before my sticks ended up softening up on the blades. Once they do I find them to be too soft and have less control over the puck.

Weight/Balance (10/10):

This thing is light. Seriously. Yes there are lighter sticks out there on the market but the way true hockey balanced out the A6.0 sbp makes it, what I find, to be the perfectly balanced stick. Too light, feels like you have nothing in your hands, I personally do not like that. On the other side of the coin there is too heavy, where you find that your silky mitts have anchors on them slowing you down. Thanks to true hockey and their Axenic Technology the A6.0 sbp is a true one piece stick and it feels great in the hands.

Durability (3/10):

The blade was definitely the weak point with the A6.0 spb. I was on the market to look for a reliable top end stick that would last me all year with no problems and figured I would try something new with true hockey. I was certainly disappointed when the first stick had developed cracks along the blade faces but when I received a replacement stick under warranty and the exact same thing happened within the two to three weeks of play, I was thoroughly disappointed.

Conclusion: (7.5/10)

The True A6.0 sbp is nothing short of amazing, loved playing with it. When its fresh off the stick rack, nothing else can compare. Shooting with it is spectacular, you can shoot any shot in any situation with the utmost confidence. The stick is super light and has a very great feel in the hands with the square shaft. The only downfall is the blade. Yes when is fresh off the rack its great, but after some use that’s when it goes down hill. Yes every stick will eventually soften up and “whip out” as the kids these days say but when two sticks both have the same cracks along the blade and the blade just goes flaccid on you after a few weeks, not a good time. Even with this flaw I still think the pros outweigh the cons. I just cant get over how awesome this stick performs overall, just seemed to fit every situation perfectly. Now True hockey has released a second generation of A6.0 sbp sticks with some tweaking to the blade with the new BRT+ so I’ll have to go out and and see how it performs to its predecessor.

Edited by iameric
  • Like 1