Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
bunnyman666

Building my own goal stick

I have been reverse-engineering how to build a goal stick. The process looks to be pretty straight-forward: get a shaft, make a core for the paddle and blade, join the shaft and paddle, then laminate the paddle and blade.

The donor shaft is tapered, since those are longer than standard and I can affix the blade into the shaft. 

This may be clunky, or it may work fabulously. We will see...

Stay tuned...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

You and your crazy mods! LOL. Love to see how it turns out.

This should be straight forward; either that, or my reverse engineering skills have seriously fallen backwards...

Got the 20K Sickick 100 flex prostock tapered shaft in the Post today. Now I am contemplating my paddle shape and planning my lie. I have a funky twist or two planned for this project. 

Next is to clean and sand down the shaft where a paddle is to go. Then I plan my core material and shape it. 

After that is sourcing my reinforcements and laminating resin as well as how this will be compacted. Since I had to either sell or show evidence of destruction of my composite making capabilities as part of my non-compete agreement, I am left with crude methods to compact fabric; however- these “cave man” methods work VERY well, even if not aesthetically pleasing...

Stay tuned...

Edited by bunnyman666

Update: I have been a bit too focused on my upcoming surgery and getting my damned pool fixed; however- I may have something different that I will do in my stick building.

Stay tuned...