Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
caveman27

CCM Jetspeed

These are 2015 CCM Jetspeeds in size junior 5.5 EE (whose current equivalent are size senior 6.0 EE JetSpeed FT1). My previous skates were Bauer Supreme 6000 in 6.0 D that I bought back in 2010. Before that, I had Micron Mega 10/90 in 6.0 D that I bought back in 1992...  Ray Bourque was the face of Micron skates in ads back then. :883_wheelchair: 

Fit --- 10/10 ---

I baked these at home once and it took awhile for them to break in. I played in a league where we had one game a week so it took about three months before they felt good. The right foot felt fine but the left foot didn't feel good until three months later. I guess my left foot is a bit wider. Compared to the Bauer's, these felt great, especially when skating backwards; they didn't hurt my heel. They came with the CCM custom insoles which I put in. Now, I can wear these for a long time without any pain.

Blade/Holder --- 10/10 ---

The came with the polished SpeedBlades on 4.0 holders. I got the custom sharpened with 8' radius and 1/2" ROH at noicingsports. I came from using Step steel blades on my Bauer's. These had less steel at the toe and heel out of the box compared to the Bauer blades. I don't get any issues while skating in these. I used blue Loctite threadlocker on the nuts after I put the blades back on.

Weight/Protection --- 10/10 ---

These skates are the lightest I have ever skated in. Compared to the Bauer's, these are exponentially lighter. The old Bauer's had leather in the inside ankle area. These skates have all man-made materials, no real leather anywhere.

Durability --- 9.5/10 ---

I have only worn these through one whole (beer league) season as I have been sidelined with injuries. 

Intangibles 

As short as I've skated in these skates, one of the skate laces have been wearing down but I don't see any sharp edges near the eyelet that it goes through on the left skate, but the right skate lace is not worn down at all. Maybe there's something I don't see.

The ankle padding is great and tongue padding is great. No pain with the laces tightened down.

I like the top edge padding on the boot. I don't have to wear long socks anymore. With the Bauer's that had a leather top edge, it would wear into my skin.

These are so light, I have no idea how the can make a more lighter skate boot unless they make the toe box out of carbon fiber.

Conclusion

49.5/50 Not sure if I'll ever switch back to Bauer skates.