Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Braden

Tydan Blacksteel compared to Step Blacksteel

Go to a knife forum and 1/2 of what they talk about is steel!  Yes, hard steel can be brittle, but there are also techniques to retain the hardness and reduce the brittleness.

1 minute ago, BenBreeg said:

Go to a knife forum and 1/2 of what they talk about is steel!  Yes, hard steel can be brittle, but there are also techniques to retain the hardness and reduce the brittleness.

Comparing the specific forces applied to a knife or sword vs a hockey skate blade are entirely different.

But yes, I agree, knife people do know their stuff. The best skate sharpener I have ever known was also a huge knife and sword collector as well. 

Just now, SkateWorksPNW said:

Comparing the specific forces applied to a knife or sword vs a hockey skate blade are entirely different.

But yes, I agree, knife people do know their stuff. The best skate sharpener I have ever known was also a huge knife and sword collector as well. 

I am not comparing the use cases, just using it as an example that there are many ways to make steel to get the properties you need for a given application.  And the knife guys are nuts! 🙂

4 hours ago, BenBreeg said:

And the knife guys are nuts! 🙂

I agree, this dude was certifiable for sure. I personally have not seen such a large personal collection of knives and swords in my life time. I felt like he could have been the main villain in a Jame Bond movie. lol