Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SR27

which tapered shaft

Here´s my story....

I´m going to get myself some custom made blades (wood) again and I would like them to be tapered this time. Well but I have no clue at all which shafts are tapered? I know that the Synthesis (also read the reviews) and the T-Flex from Easton are but I´d like to get some of your opinions on which other tapered shafts are out there and which of them you think is the best.

Thanks for your help! :unsure:

There's....

r2

r2 xn10

L-2

novius tapered

1100 tapered

vapor XV

I'm using an L-2 and I love it, even though I didn't like the M1

Use Mik3's shafts add Flyweight, T-Flex and Synthesis shafts (I know you mentioned those two in your original post) and head down to the review section do a bit of searching as well and you'll find an unbelievable amount of input on those shafts.

I got an L-2 with the mission skate promo over the summer. The shaft is very durable in my opinion, so I bought another one and have 2 now. I'm very happy with them.

I've tried most tapered shafts out there, and would say that the L-2 is among the best along with Inno 1100 tapered and R2 Xn10. Can't go wrong with any of them.

The L2 seems to be a tank, I've been having pretty good luck with mine. The R2XN10 is nice and light but I have concerns with durability. I actually was not a fan of the Synthesis.

this is off topic, but does the tapered 1100 come in the soft grip?

Yes. I also agree with Chadd, the Synthesis wasn't too great.

Hmn...well I was thinking about the Synthesis Grip first because they´re on sale at my lhs right now for 160 Euros~130 USD but I was sceptic since I did not really like any Easton Product except the first Ultra Lights and the Stealth....

I´m going to use this shaft for roller and ballhockey only and I´m more of the slap-shot-guy.....considering this would you prefer the Mission or the TPS one?

Despite the fact I'm a big guy I like the R flex TPS more than any other. It's between the 85 and 100 of most manufacturers. If you're choosing between the two, pick the flex that fits you best.

I think a Mission L-2 85 flex would suit you best since it's for roller and ball hockey, and the puck/ball is lighter than an ice puck. If you use 100 flex though, that is your choice. Either way, I'd get an L-2.

i hated the synthesis... just my opinion... i havent tried any other tapered shafts but im lookin at the 1100...

a little off topic but what would the weight be similar to (OPS like comparison of a 1100 tapered shaft and a modano synthesis si-core blade be? (all senior ;))

Despite the fact I'm a big guy I like the R flex TPS more than any other. It's between the 85 and 100 of most manufacturers. If you're choosing between the two, pick the flex that fits you best.

I have to agree. I would choose the shaft that is most similar to the non-tappered shaft you are currently using. I was using a 260 Inno and wanted a tappered shaft. I went with the R2 XN10, however the R2 does come in a flex that ranges around the inno 260 range. I went with a Reg flex and I'm having a tough time adjusting to the new flex.

One question that is a bit off topic is I understand that when you cut a shaft, the become stiffer. I also understand the manuf. lengths of the tappered shafts are generally longer that non-tappered shafts. My question is: Is the stiffness of a 49" tappered shaft the same as 49" non-tappered shaft? Just curious? If it is, you may want to take that in considereation when choosing the flex of your tappered shaft.

I found the Response XN10 to have a bit more whip than the Response in the same flex. The R flex is usually pretty similar to the 260.