Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
cause4alarm

Do all high-end helmets have EPP?

I can say that my Bauer Reakt 150 is an EPP helmet with the moving squishy pods that they introduced last year, though those have Poron XRD rather than the fluid system found in the CCM. The Reakt 200 also had an outer layer of EPP with different softer, "reactive" foams and materials inside, much like how D3O is used.

The CCM Tacks 910 is the new model with the Fluid pods that you mentioned, and looking at the images online from CCM there is some foam used that appears to be EPP just behind the ear guards. It is likely that all of these models will have a base layer of EPP between the plastic shell of the helmet and the inner liner. 

In the marketing blab, I noticed that they mention: ...I.Q.Shion gel memory foam comfort liner and dual density molded foams with smooth contour edge... This is in all likelihood the EPP or EPP-like foams that appear behind the ears, and likely underneath the frontal "memory foam" liner.