Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
shoot_the_goalie

Marsblade 01

Finally got my Marsblade 01s today.  Nice boot, good fit (though I probably could go down a half size smaller for a perfect fit), bakes well, and good quality.  I changed out the front wheels to the smaller diameter ones that come with the skates, and set the rocker pretty loose (advanced level).  Wow...what a learning curve, lol.  With the rocker really loose, I felt like I was trying to learn to skate again.  Wobbling around, fell down 2 times doing transitions, etc.  It's no joke when people say you need to get used to them.  Since the initial try, I tightened the rocker a little bit, so it still has a lot of play, but a bit more stable and now I think I found my sweet spot.  Do they feel like ice skates?  No.  But I will say they are MUCH more versatile than your standard chassis inlines.  Where I saw the most significant difference between the 01 and your traditional inlines was on turns ("edge" work).  You can carve turns much smoother and tighter; it's a noticeable difference.  Wish they came stock with harder wheels, as I can already see wear from my first session with these.  But pretty pleased with these so far.

Marsblade : pay us $200 to feel like you're skating on ice
You : it's not really like skating on ice
Marsblade : but it's also not like standard rollerblading
You : you S.O.B. I'm sold! 

Edited by Stearnso
edit