Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Leif

Pronation

I don't pronate (as far as I know) in my Bauer Custom 2s Pro ice skates, nor in my Powerslide Zoom Pro 100 (3 x 100mm wheels) inlines. I pronated massively in Bauer x500r inlnes, which is why I sold them, they gave no support. I pronate slightly in my Bauer x2.9 vapor inline skates. Anyone know why I might pronate in the latter given that it's a stiff boot? Or is this normal for hockey inlines? I wear Bauer Speedplates in all skates.

I would suspect it has to do with the holder placement. Even a small amount of offset to the outside of the center line will make a big difference. If you pronate in anything then it indicates you pronate in everything - the stiffness, fit of the boot and holder placement just helps to hide it.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 12:53 AM, Vet88 said:

I would suspect it has to do with the holder placement. Even a small amount of offset to the outside of the center line will make a big difference. If you pronate in anything then it indicates you pronate in everything - the stiffness, fit of the boot and holder placement just helps to hide it.

Thanks. I was told that I pronate in running shoes, so what you say makes sense. I keep meaning to skate on ice with laces undone, which you have recommended. Would I be able to do that with pronation?

12 hours ago, Leif said:

Thanks. I was told that I pronate in running shoes, so what you say makes sense. I keep meaning to skate on ice with laces undone, which you have recommended. Would I be able to do that with pronation?

Yes, that is one of the main reasons to skate with laces undone. You will get feedback from your feet that will tell your brain when and how badly you are pronating in your skates. This is really energy intensive and over time, with enough training, your body will realign over the top of the skate blade and your pronation will stop. 3 simple drills to see how much the pronation is affecting you - acceleration from a standing start, front to back transition, mid to high speed tight turn. If you find your inside edge collapsing on you, that is the pronation at work.

• Thanks 1