Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
asm74

2020 CCM Ribcor Team vs CCM Ribcor Maxx SE sticks - what's the difference?

unfortunately, can't find any specs (like weight or material) for Maxx SE and I know that Maxx SE is the Sports Excellence exclusive product. Is there any difference between two models at all? Thank you!

Edited by asm74

Usually Vendor Exclusive (SMU) sticks are based on the stick at the same price point but with added features from the stick from the next price point. Here the Maxx SE is priced the same as a Team Stick at Sportchek ($179.99), so I can only assume it has a feature or two borrowed from the Trigger 5. 

Really the only two differences between the Team Stick and the Trigger 5 are blade construction (Ascent 2 vs. Agilty) and the Trigger 5 uses X-Flow tech to bring down the weight by an additonal 30 grams. So your probably getting one of these two (be sort of pointless to give the customer both, wouldn't make much sense to even sell Trigger 5s if you had the same stick at a lower price sans paint job.).

If your actually going to the store to purchase, pick up a 415-420 gram stick and compare. If the weights are different, your probably just getting the different blade construction. 

• Like 1

Ribcor Team is for the guy who is a play maker, making passes, forechecking, backchecking, screens the goalie and tries to tip in the puck and plays defense.

Ribcor Maxx is for the player who hogs the puck when he gets it, never passes it to anyone and hot dogs around the neutral zone for what seems like a minute even when 2 other guys are open for a pass, doesn't play defense for the most part, and wants the ref to call slashing on light taps.

Just kidding. I don't know the difference.

• Haha 2

Just got the Maxx SE stick today - it is exactly the same as the Team stick - the weight is 436g (sr flex 85) with slightly different graphics - CCM logo is in grey on Team and more like silver metallic on Maxx SE. Aside from that I don't see any difference.