Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Riggo

Trend Toward Grip Sticks

I use a stealth with a little bit of grip added on to the shaft...(tape Rub trick) The only reason I like the grip is because i feel like the shaft turns in my hands when I shoot so I can't get any decent shots off. I have Mission gloves that are about two years old and very, very broken in and I can feel my stick incredibility well. IMO I would have to say that it is all a matter of preference...

Do not use renfrew for grip. It really does not give it a "soft grip" feel. Not even close. And it feels like you have a condom on your stick. I put it on and took it off 10 mins into a game. And it does take the paint off the stick when you take it off. Not a lot, but some.

By far my slap shot is much harder and accurate with a grip stick--no question. One of the better guys in my league was using a Vector 110 and switched to a Synergy grip and said he would never look back because the 110 would get slipperly like glass when it got wet. Needless to say, last I saw he was using an Nike apollo, so I guess the double concave sufficed in place of the grip, which broke. I loved my mission m-1, Rafalski and Gaborik, but I sold them because after using grip sticks they felt so damn slick, same thing with my novius. The grey synergys and xn10 have more of a flat, matte finish which keeps them from getting as slick. I wanted to try and L-2 but I won't because it does not come with a grip option. And although I sold my Stealth because I didn't like the small handle, I will give the Stealth grip a shot. I think the grip might help me hold onto the smaller shaft a little better when letting go of slappers. The ultimate combo I found is the Vapor XX - - grip and concave shaft! But the stick is so unbalanced and blade heavy, I can't maneuver it as easily as an xn10 or even a synergy for that matter. My Tour Beemer Inferno only comes with grip, and although it has a very subtle, wax-like grip I wish it were more tacky. Of all the grips I have to say Easton Yellow Grip is the best, by far.

Do not use renfrew for grip. It really does not give it a "soft grip" feel. Not even close. And it feels like you have a condom on your stick. I put it on and took it off 10 mins into a game. And it does take the paint off the stick when you take it off. Not a lot, but some.

I couldn't agree more. I decided to drop a few bucks on it just to give it a whirl. It doesn't come close to the soft grip on an Inno or Easton. It did provide some grip but in my opinion (even though it's only a millimeter or so thick), it made the shaft too wide.

However I have thought of another possible use for it. Next time I get a blade cracking on top or on the toe, I might throw some on there as "patchwork" after epoxy-ing it just to see if it holds better.