Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
moonrockticktock

Difference Between Jetspeed Team Sticks

Hi there, I’m in the market for new sticks and I noticed that there are two different offerings for the CCM Jetspeed Team stick, HSFTM4 and HSMTJS. The HSFTM4 is sold on the CCM webstore as a retail stick with a p88 curve option while the HSMTJS needs to be purchased through a CCM rep with presumably a minimum order quantity and a p80 curve option. One has a hybrid kick point and the other has a low kick point. But besides the differences mentioned is there a difference in quality? 

I’m actually looking at the FT3 options but just for example purposes I used the current FT4 product ID’s. 

I can give a sort of vague answer. The one ending in TJS is the Team model sold to teams, often like non-elite college and juniors programs. Build and materials  is similar to the second tier of sticks. You can often find them new for $100 -$115 from second hand sellers. There’s been some debate how “low” the low kickpoint is on these; whether it’s just a ribcore with no ribs, or something not analogous to a CCM retail model. 

The one ending in TM4 is their 3rd tier retail stick. 

I don’t know if whatever page you are looking at lists materials head to head, burn I assume the TJS is “better,” but I haven’t played with both to compare them.

I’ve had a few of the Jetspeed Team non-retail ones. Not sure what iterations they are, or if they even have different iterations year to year. Before Jetspeed, this option was a Tacks Team. I like them a lot. I don’t typically enjoy low kick sticks for my uncoached sloppy shooting style, but these work fine. Feel, weight, balance, and blade is on par with “upper level” sticks. You’re not getting at FT4, but you’re getting a good stick. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, start_today said:

I can give a sort of vague answer. The one ending in TJS is the Team model sold to teams, often like non-elite college and juniors programs. Build and materials  is similar to the second tier of sticks. You can often find them new for $100 -$115 from second hand sellers. There’s been some debate how “low” the low kickpoint is on these; whether it’s just a ribcore with no ribs, or something not analogous to a CCM retail model. 

The one ending in TM4 is their 3rd tier retail stick. 

I don’t know if whatever page you are looking at lists materials head to head, burn I assume the TJS is “better,” but I haven’t played with both to compare them.

I’ve had a few of the Jetspeed Team non-retail ones. Not sure what iterations they are, or if they even have different iterations year to year. Before Jetspeed, this option was a Tacks Team. I like them a lot. I don’t typically enjoy low kick sticks for my uncoached sloppy shooting style, but these work fine. Feel, weight, balance, and blade is on par with “upper level” sticks. You’re not getting at FT4, but you’re getting a good stick. 

Thanks, this is what I wanted to know