Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
xstartxtodayx

Different skate pitch in Jetspeed vs Ribcor?

Anyone know if, all things being equal, different CCM skate lines have a different pitch to them?

I have been in Ribcor 78k's for the past few years and they've been breaking down and feeling a bit too soft so I wanted to try something different and found a great deal on a pair of NOS Jetspeed FT490's.  They are night and day different than the Ribcors in construction, weight, and stiffness but same skate size and runners so I swapped my existing Step Steel over to them and skated a couple of times.

First time I used CCM Orthomove insoles, they felt like they propped my heels up too high in the boots and leaned me forwards so I went back to my old Superfeet from the other skates, feet felt better positioned with the heel ever so slightly lower so I picked up a new pair of Superfeet.  Last game my feet felt better in the skates but I felt as if my blades were shorter and I was tipping forward a bit so wondering if the Jetspeeds have a different pitch perhaps?

Both skates are 7.5, 263 XS holders, Step Steel with Quad .05 profile.  I'm tempted to go get the stock steel profiled to something that might be a little longer up front but not sure what would give me a more balanced feeling, I'd rather experiment on the stock steel than eat away the Step Steel I have.  Any suggestions?