Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reijo29

Junior Shaft, Adult Blade? HELP!

Okay, boys....riddle me this!

I want to get an Easton Lidstrom blade on a junior shaft. But how? We have a few different Mission Junior shafts (An L-2, M-1 with a broken blade and probably a couple more in my garage). Also, have an Easton Intermedite Synthesis but it is too stiff for my kid. He definitely still wants a Junior shaft.

Easton only has the Low Connection blade with a Lidstrom pattern in the Adult size (Maybe Intermediate but I thought they were the same size?). I would love it if there was a way to convert the Adult Synthesis Lidstorm into the Junior Mission L-2 Shaft. He loves the L-2 for the feel and flex. Says it's the best shaft he's tried. But, none of the patterns Mission offers are close to the Lidstrom and that pattern, gave him the best shot he's had. (That was in an old Tri Core that I jammed an Adult Liddy into because I didn't care if it broke. It worked for a while but I don't want to chance it again with a new, expensive shaft). Any ideas?

when i have trouble getting blades into shafts, i take a razor and shave off all the glue that came already dried on the blade. In my opinion, most companies put way more glue than you need on there anyway. Shave all the glue off then see if the blade will fit in the shaft. If so, you can melt back on just enough glue so it will fit but still hold firm. I don't know what you tried yet or just how small the shaft is but it's worth a shot if you didn't try this already. good luck!

I think you mean the tenon mik3. The tenon is the part that goes into the shaft. You do risk severly decreasing the durability of the blade though. I think a hard slapshot might snap the blade at the hosel and you'll be left with the tenon in the shaft.

when i have trouble getting blades into shafts, i take a razor and shave off all the glue that came already dried on the blade. In my opinion, most companies put way more glue than you need on there anyway. Shave all the glue off then see if the blade will fit in the shaft. If so, you can melt back on just enough glue so it will fit but still hold firm. I don't know what you tried yet or just how small the shaft is but it's worth a shot if you didn't try this already. good luck!

Not possible. The tenons on the junior blades are much smaller on all 4 sides compared to senior blades.

Thanks a bunch guys. I did shave down a wood Mission ether which kind of works but it is crazy how much lighter the composite blades are so it seemed heavy since he's so used all composite or one piece sticks. But, maybe a little work with a heavier blade is good for developing strength. Who knows.

Maybe I'll find my answer at the Vegas show in a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed!

Out

I'd second the clone idea. Look outside of Easton. Most companies have Lidstrom clones, not sure if they are available in juniors though.

TPS - Tucker/ Morrow

Mission - McCauley

Bauer - Pronger

CCM - Lecavalier/Kaberle/Sundin

Nike - Brind'Amour

Unless you're gettting customs, don't count on it. Christian has the curve but they don't make a junior tapered blade yet. And they don't make the Lidstrom in composite yet. It would be easiest to have him learn to use a different curve.

For someone to be stuck on one curve and only use composite at the Bantam (or lower) level is a bit insane.