Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
tsubfr

League within 50-60mi of Danville, PA

Hi All!
I recently moved to Danville, PA from Europe. I am looking for a kind of beer league or any kind of non-pro league where checking is allowed if possible and that is somewhere within the 60mile radius. I used to play Division 3 in Hungary, so obviously I am not some super pro, but it was a good mix between amateur/lower level pro and I was hoping to find something similar around.  I have no idea where or how to start looking, so any advice or hints are much appreciated.

Thank you!

Rob

Unless there is some person running their own thing, you arent going to find adult league with checking.  And none of the invite only skates around here with ex-pros and high-level amateurs have checking somI would imagine it is going to be the same elsewhere.  People have moved on and need to go to work in the morning.

21 hours ago, BenBreeg said:

Unless there is some person running their own thing, you arent going to find adult league with checking.  And none of the invite only skates around here with ex-pros and high-level amateurs have checking somI would imagine it is going to be the same elsewhere.  People have moved on and need to go to work in the morning.

I see, I didn't know that. There are amateur leauges where checking is not allowed where I come from too of course, but then there are higher level leagues with ex-pros or young guys who didnt want to go pro after coming out of the junior league. These are not pro leagues, we don't get paid and we pay everything ourselves, but we have checking and everything, no difference to regular rules. Of course we try no to kill each other or cause unnecessary injuries, because as you said, we gotta work next day, but if you don't look up, you gonna get hit.

But if it is not okay around here, it is not a problem, I can live with that, I just want to play. Haven't been on ice for 3 months now, so it is getting critical 😄 I've heard there are some leagues in Wilkes Barre, but I can't find anything on facebook or google that would help. Any ideas where to search for them?

You could look at the nittany hockey league in state college or at revolution ice center in pittston. I think coal street rink in Wilkes barre also had a beer league. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the WB Pens practice rink. Start here, hopefully a rink or league manager can help you.  There are probably rinks closer to Danville, ask them if they have list of local rinks to the area. Good luck. 

https://toyotasportsplex.com/

Edited by SirJW
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1