Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
jmaister

foot in the boot? what does yours do?

umm. I have watched many many drill videos. Even figure skating ones on technique...

but no one has covered what the foot actually does inside the boot.

ie... outside edge, are you suppose to prop the boot on your calf?

Which part of your forefoot is stressing when you are holding the edge? is the heel active?

... etc etc

or the foot in the boot topic we dont talk about, they just work... or dont?

Not entirely clear what you are asking but:

What does, "prop the boot on your calf" mean?

Outside edge, forward turns the weight is driven through the back part of the foot, outside edge, backwards you are using more of the forefoot.

The ankles need to roll to get on edges, which is why you need some mobility there, not only forward but laterally as well.  

Figure skating is great for edge work, but also keep in mind their maneuvers are different, and done in a different posture.

8 hours ago, BenBreeg said:

Not entirely clear what you are asking but:

What does, "prop the boot on your calf" mean?

Outside edge, forward turns the weight is driven through the back part of the foot, outside edge, backwards you are using more of the forefoot.

The ankles need to roll to get on edges, which is why you need some mobility there, not only forward but laterally as well.  

Figure skating is great for edge work, but also keep in mind their maneuvers are different, and done in a different posture.

Do you lean on the edge of the skates? That's why comfort edge is preferred by some?

And yes, foot work. There is little no visual instruction as far as searches go.

50 minutes ago, jmaister said:

Do you lean on the edge of the skates? That's why comfort edge is preferred by some?

And yes, foot work. There is little no visual instruction as far as searches go.

How much the top of the skate where the comfort edge comes into contact with your leg is more a matter of your anatomy and the construction of the boot.  I don't think of leaning on the top of the skate at all, more the side of the boot with my foot I guess.