Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
boshebetka

Deciphering Pro Stock Stick Codes

I need help figuring out what I'm buying when I buy pro stock. Bauer sticks are easy to tell, the buiild and flex are under the namebar. CCMs are too if they have the sticker on the top of the shaft, but lots of the ones I find either don't have it or the seller won't show it/say it. But what about true sticks? I read that they do not paint sticks as another stick unless it's for one of their top guys like Marner. I'm interested in trying a hzrdus px but don't want to end up with an AX9 or something random. And for CCMs, is there any way to tell what the stick is without that sticker? For example, I've bought 2 pro stock FT5s with a sticker that said HSMHK5SP, then on the namerbar underneath the flex and shaft shape, both IDs or whatever started with E36. 

Also, is there any way or anywhere I can order my own custom CCM sticks? Even if the minimum is 6 or 10. My dream spec is FT5 Pros in 105 flex, P90TM, basketball/bubble/bauer's griptac tactile style grip with a 4ish inch extension. 

True used to not dress sticks but it appears they do now. Based on some sleuthing, I believe True adds a build code to the namebar if the stick is dressed as something else. For example, a Project X build but dressed as a HZRDUS would have the "PXC" code. A Catalyst dressed as a HZRDUS would have the "CTC" code (or similar, like "CTA"). The first 2 letters indicate the build, not sure what the 3rd letter indicates (maybe the blade build?). If the stick does not have a build code, then I believe it's not dressed.

Connor Clifton of the Bruins uses mid-kick sticks. DKhockey has a few True pro stocks for him, both are dressed as HZRDUS sticks but they have the CTC code on the namebar, indicating they are Catalyst builds.