Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Badaboom

Advice on Bauer Vapor APX2 replacement

Hi all,

I would like to replace my Bauer Vapor APX2. Had them for over 7 years and love everything about them. What would be the closest replacement in today's model ?

Logically that should be the Vapor Hyperlite ....but recently, i bought a Vapor 3x PRO and hated them, they feel nothing like my old Vapor APX2. 

Are the Hyperlite and 3X PRO that much different from one another  that would warrant me trying the Hyperlite out or i should look elsewhere now that i've tried the 3X PRO ?

Thanks,

I went from APX2s to Jetspeed FT2s (and now FT4 Pros) and absolutely love them. I had a similar experience with the newer Vapors (2X Pro and Hyperlites) and did not like them at all. They felt ski boot-stiff even when leaving the top eyelets undone and I’m not a fan of the clownshoe toecap. 

Edited by Cavs019

On 4/29/2023 at 8:41 AM, Badaboom said:

Logically that should be the Vapor Hyperlite ....but recently, i bought a Vapor 3x PRO and hated them, they feel nothing like my old Vapor APX2. 

Are the Hyperlite and 3X PRO that much different from one another  that would warrant me trying the Hyperlite out or i should look elsewhere now that i've tried the 3X PRO ?

Logically, the APX2 and the Hyperlite are nothing alike. The APX2 was released in 2013, that is nearly a decade between releases. 

What did you not like? Fit? Feel on the ice? Stiffness of the boot? Steel? 

1 hour ago, Cavs019 said:

I went from APX2s to Jetspeed FT2s (and now FT4 Pros) and absolutely love them. I had a similar experience with the newer Vapors (2X Pro and Hyperlites) and did not like them at all. They felt ski boot-stiff even when leaving the top eyelets undone and I’m not a fan of the clownshoe toecap. 

Thanks for the suggestion, your descriptions is dead on, exactly how i felt. I will definitely check out the CCM FT4.

Do you have the regular or the Pro version ? From what i read, the Pro is slightly stiffer.

Edited by Badaboom

57 minutes ago, VegasHockey said:

Logically, the APX2 and the Hyperlite are nothing alike. The APX2 was released in 2013, that is nearly a decade between releases. 

What did you not like? Fit? Feel on the ice? Stiffness of the boot? Steel? 

Just felt strange...boot is way too stiff, slightly wobbly ankle, the same radius hollow blade seems way sharper than my APX2. Even though the fit is snug and does not hurt my feet, they felt big for some reasons, maybe it's the new toe cap.

13 hours ago, Badaboom said:

Thanks for the suggestion, your descriptions is dead on, exactly how i felt. I will definitely check out the CCM FT4.

Do you have the regular or the Pro version ? From what i read, the Pro is slightly stiffer.

I’m in the Pros. I also really liked the 100Ks I tried if you want something a bit more flexible. 

I also found the APX2 felt way more anatomical and fit close to the foot. The Hyperlite just feels massive and sloppy all around even in a fit 1. @VegasHockey I remember you had a similar experience when comparing the 2X Pro to the 1X 2.0. 

5 minutes ago, Cavs019 said:

I’m in the Pros. I also really liked the 100Ks I tried if you want something a bit more flexible. 

I also found the APX2 felt way more anatomical and fit close to the foot. The Hyperlite just feels massive and sloppy all around even in a fit 1. @VegasHockey I remember you had a similar experience when comparing the 2X Pro to the 1X 2.0. 

I don't like ANY of the current Bauer skates, lol.