Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Westside

Replacing shin liners?

I have a pair of Bauer 1X shins that I absolutely love. Curv composite, the flexible piece at the ankle, and solid coverage on the back of the calves all while staying pretty streamlined. The kneecaps and shells are still in great condition, but the removable liner has seen better days and I’m wondering if anyone has ever replaced their liners. If so, what did you do? I tuck my tongues and the lower part of the inside of the shins is beat up. Has anyone repaired this area? 

Every tutorial I’ve come across online seems to focus on straps or cracked kneecaps 

14 minutes ago, Westside said:

I have a pair of Bauer 1X shins that I absolutely love. Curv composite, the flexible piece at the ankle, and solid coverage on the back of the calves all while staying pretty streamlined. The kneecaps and shells are still in great condition, but the removable liner has seen better days and I’m wondering if anyone has ever replaced their liners. If so, what did you do? I tuck my tongues and the lower part of the inside of the shins is beat up. Has anyone repaired this area? 

Every tutorial I’ve come across online seems to focus on straps or cracked kneecaps 

Since the liners are removable, you should be able to stitch new fabric over top of the worn areas. I would also recommend using some denier nylon in the high wear areas. 

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Denier-Cordura-Nylon-Fabric/dp/B00I80QH3S

Edited by VegasHockey
  • Like 1

On 5/6/2023 at 12:04 PM, VegasHockey said:

Since the liners are removable, you should be able to stitch new fabric over top of the worn areas. I would also recommend using some denier nylon in the high wear areas. 

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Denier-Cordura-Nylon-Fabric/dp/B00I80QH3S

Summer season just wrapped up so I washed my gear and got around to sewing on patches on the lower part of the removable liners. Wouldn't mind sewing some directly onto the bottom of the shins themselves, but would have to stitch by hand which I'm not interested in doing. Thanks for the tip! We'll see how these hold up

1692139282457-vi.jpg

• Like 1

That looks way better than the hack job I did to my 19K liners 😂 I did it by hand with a speedy stitcher, also my liner had more curves at the bottom which made my life hell haha.  I now have tons of that material I'll prob cover lots of stuff with lol

Thanks! The liners are curved like the one on the right. But since they’re hidden I didn’t care enough to match them. Having a sewing machine makes it quick and easy to do tho