Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Beflar

Quad 2 vs Elipse 2 profile, anyone try both?

Has anyone tried both the Quad 2 and the Elipse 2 profile.  

What did you feel was different between the two?  

Was one better at something than the other?

What skate size do you have? I’m on elipse 1 on 7.5 makos.. had quad 1 before. Feel more pitched forward with elipse, other than that, i dont feel much difference.. 

also i went from 38mm to 41mm hollow when switching from quad to elipse. Felt i had to much bite on elipse with 38mm hollow.

6 hours ago, swede said:

What skate size do you have? I’m on elipse 1 on 7.5 makos.. had quad 1 before. Feel more pitched forward with elipse, other than that, i dont feel much difference.. 

also i went from 38mm to 41mm hollow when switching from quad to elipse. Felt i had to much bite on elipse with 38mm hollow.

9.5 skate 280mm blade.

Ok, so Elipse 2 would be ok then.. 

as i said, I did not notice any big difference between the 2.. Before, i had Zuperior, and it was also similar.. 

I spoke to my coaching collegue earlier today, and he ran Quad 2 before, and now he is on elipse.

He said that he felt more stable and had better glide on quad, while beeing able to pivot and turn tighter with the elipse. Straight ahead speed was better with quad than elipse.

he agreed with me on the hollow. Need to have less hollow depth with elipse.

2 hours ago, swede said:

Ok, so Elipse 2 would be ok then.. 

as i said, I did not notice any big difference between the 2.. Before, i had Zuperior, and it was also similar.. 

I spoke to my coaching collegue earlier today, and he ran Quad 2 before, and now he is on elipse.

He said that he felt more stable and had better glide on quad, while beeing able to pivot and turn tighter with the elipse. Straight ahead speed was better with quad than elipse.

he agreed with me on the hollow. Need to have less hollow depth with elipse.

Ellipse II feels much longer than a Quad II. 

Depends on pitch and hollow.. Try a more shallow hollow and you wont notice such a big difference. With same hollow on both profiles i sometime felt that my heel got caught in the ice with elipse, 

I went from 38mm hollow on Quad 1 to 41mm hollow on Elipse 1