Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
generichockeyfan123

Anyone tried the Sherwood Code TMP 1 girdle?

Hello!

I've been looking around but haven't found any reviews of the Sherwood Code TMP 1 girdle. Has anyone here used one or at least tried it on? Would love to hear your thoughts. Specifically, interested in how it compares to the Jetspeed in terms of protectiveness and fit on really tall and skinny body shapes.

Thanks a bunch!

On 9/28/2023 at 2:58 PM, generichockeyfan123 said:

Hello!

I've been looking around but haven't found any reviews of the Sherwood Code TMP 1 girdle. Has anyone here used one or at least tried it on? Would love to hear your thoughts. Specifically, interested in how it compares to the Jetspeed in terms of protectiveness and fit on really tall and skinny body shapes.

Thanks a bunch!

It fits similar to the Tacks girdle and is more bulky than the Jetspeed girdle. If you want form fitted, look at the Warrior girdle. 

https://www.icewarehouse.com/Warrior_Alpha/descpage-ALPG.html

Edited by VegasHockey
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

It fits similar to the Tacks girdle and is more bulky than the Jetspeed girdle. If you want form fitted, look at the Warrior girdle. 

https://www.icewarehouse.com/Warrior_Alpha/descpage-ALPG.html

Thanks for the insight! I do like the Warrior style and I think I'd prefer it, but I was worried about length (I'm 6'2" with a 31/32" waist). On second thought though, at my skill level, I should probably worry more about tailbone protection than leaving an inch of thigh exposed haha. I'm tempted by the Tacklas too.

4 hours ago, generichockeyfan123 said:

Thanks for the insight! I do like the Warrior style and I think I'd prefer it, but I was worried about length (I'm 6'2" with a 31/32" waist). On second thought though, at my skill level, I should probably worry more about tailbone protection than leaving an inch of thigh exposed haha. I'm tempted by the Tacklas too.

Warrior isn't going to fit you well then, I'm 5'11" and wear a 32" wearing a size medium. I think of you put it on it would sit too high and leave a significant gap between your shin and thigh. 

Do you not like the Jetspeed? 

5 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

Warrior isn't going to fit you well then, I'm 5'11" and wear a 32" wearing a size medium. I think of you put it on it would sit too high and leave a significant gap between your shin and thigh. 

Do you not like the Jetspeed? 

I wrote my initial post a little confusingly. I currently have a Tacks 7092 girdle, looking to upgrade because it's falling apart a bit and the tailbone padding isn't the best. Trying to decide between the Jetspeed and the Sherwood. But I also found a Bauer pro stock girdle. Too many tempting options!! Thanks for eliminating the Warrior though.

I wouldn't look at anything that isn't adjustable in thigh length.  I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum (short and not so skinny).  I have the Jetspeed and SuperTack and like both very much.  The Jetspeed is definitely a bit lighter duty, but plenty effective for my purposes.  I got the SuperTacks in a larger size and the adjustability is key.  

• Like 1

On 9/28/2023 at 5:58 PM, generichockeyfan123 said:

Hello!

Thanks a bunch!

I did. They're very bulky. The thigh guard is also multiple pieces and kinda looks awkard with the shell on. They don't sit flush like they're supposed to.

• Like 1