Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
jeffg

Bauer Proto R Stick

9 hours ago, Paluce said:

So my boy has broken 4 proto R’s in 3 months. All in the shaft about 6-10” above the blade.  He’s only 75lbs and breaking 40flex sticks like spaghetti.  

How are the sticks breaking? Off a faceoff? When shooting? When battling in the corner? Thats a significant number of sticks to break, which leads me to believe its not a defect of the product but instead associated with his style of play or position.  

• Like 2

My Kid is around 150lb and has been using 70flex Proto with all the abuse that comes with high level competitive play and stick has been holding up remarkably well, with a few others on the team having same results. Surprised to hear of durability issues. 

This season on my kids teams and out in the wild I’ve seen more broken Triggers and Hyperlites than anything else with a few Jetspeeds here and there…

Edited by OCpuckhead11

On 2/24/2024 at 4:56 PM, OCpuckhead11 said:

My Kid is around 150lb and has been using 70flex Proto with all the abuse that comes with high level competitive play and stick has been holding up remarkably well, with a few others on the team having same results. Surprised to hear of durability issues. 

This season on my kids teams and out in the wild I’ve seen more broken Triggers and Hyperlites than anything else with a few Jetspeeds here and there…

Same here. On my son's 16U team, the Protos have held up while the Trigger 8's, Hyperlites, and Ghosts have broken VERY quickly.